C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone remember a Safari yellow 435 hp tri-power coupe in Connecticut?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:30 PM
uncle427
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone remember a Safari yellow 435 hp tri-power coupe in Connecticut?

Hi,
Hoping to jog some memories here.

Does anyone remember a Safari Yellow 1968 435 hp tri-power coupe from Connecticut? 4 speed car Was for sure in the area in the mid to late 90's and I think earlier. Was painted metallic blue at one point in its life also. Hoping to find some owner history
Thanks for looking!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:57 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Doc Rebuild has one, but I don't believe he owned his for that long. He is in Connecticut so might know about the car you are speaking of.

http://www.docrebuild.com/dr-r-web/1968.html
Old 01-18-2010, 07:43 AM
uncle427
Racer

Originally Posted by PRNDL
Doc Rebuild has one, but I don't believe he owned his for that long. He is in Connecticut so might know about the car you are speaking of.

http://www.docrebuild.com/dr-r-web/1968.html
Hi,
Thanks ,
No, Doc lives only a mile away from me, see him often. He never owned this one. Thanks for tryin'
Bill
Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
uncle427
Racer

bbbbbbbbb
Old 02-10-2010, 08:03 PM
uncle427
Racer

Hi guys,
OK, here is more info. The car was sold/traded to the Corvette Center in Newington, Conn. in late 1997 or early 1998. The seller from what I remember was from the Middlebury or Southbury area of Conn., he may have owned a trucking company.

It was seen at the Heavenly Donut cruise one sunday eve in Derby, Conn. in late 1997, it was a completely original, unmolested low mileage car at the time, all there, just a bit "tired" from age, not wear. I spoke with the seller personally and discussed what I nice original car it was and he told me where he was from. Had a 4:56 rear in it at the time also. It was for sale, a great buy at the time. But I walked away not interested as I already had a 68 BB at the time. But I sure could appreciate it. Always kicked myself for not buying it. He was ASKING $11,500 at the time and was flexible. Yeh, I know.
It was at some point possibly painted blue or had some graphics that were blue? Evidence seen behind side grills
For sure it was born Safari Yellow.

Next time it appeared it was June of 1998, just purchased from Corvette Center with fresh paint, replated bumpers, and sadly, the 4:56 rear was gone and replaced with a late model 3:08. The car was NOT drivable that way and I cannot figure out why it was done. After this fellow became my customer we immediately put a fresh 4:11 in. And we do not know who took the original 4:56 either, maybe the seller to CC and he still has it!. No one at the Corvette Center can help stating the freedom of information act prevents them from telling me who they got it from, even if they might have records. Although they did remember it was from same area I remembered, they offered that without my stating prior knowledge. What a shame, I have the sales receipt from them to the new owner also. Anyway thats why I am here , trying to pick up the trail, its VIN # 26063, a real late car. The quality of the build is very good. Anyone have a lead?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
uncle427
Racer

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Still hoping!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:47 AM
jaki30
Safety Car

Received 532 Likes on 307 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Title search

Many years ago I lived in CT. I ran a title search through the Motor Vehicle Dept in Whethersfield. I believe it cos t me $7 at the time. I gave them my title number and VIN and they sent me a list of the previous owners. Don't know if they still will do that with all the privacy BS. BTW, did you ask CC to contact the owner they did the work for to see if he would allow them to release his info? Good luck.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 AM
uncle427
Racer

Originally Posted by jaki30
Many years ago I lived in CT. I ran a title search through the Motor Vehicle Dept in Whethersfield. I believe it cos t me $7 at the time. I gave them my title number and VIN and they sent me a list of the previous owners. Don't know if they still will do that with all the privacy BS. BTW, did you ask CC to contact the owner they did the work for to see if he would allow them to release his info? Good luck.
Hi,
No longer an option in Conn, stopped that around 15 yrs ago. I did ask CC for the info regarding the individual they purchased the car from for resale and that is where the help stops. The only clues they offered were the ones I mentioned.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone remember a Safari yellow 435 hp tri-power coupe in Connecticut?

Quick Reply: Anyone remember a Safari yellow 435 hp tri-power coupe in Connecticut?