Sponsored by:

Tru-Ray Spokers

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:54 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Tru-Ray Spokers

When I first picked up my 73 years ago, it had these rims, they were real spoke rims and center caps and tubes in the tires due to spokes and holes, I am guessing. A few years back, I saw another 73 with the same rims at Carlisle, and again once in a vette magazine. My question is, were these Tru-Ray rims a GM dealer option, or were they just an aftermarket item.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:25 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sarge,

I know you are under the weather so to speak, and I do wish you and your wife all my best, but if, you can find time, I would like to see a photo of one of these wheels. To answer your question....they are after market, without a doubt. But, I would still like to see the wheel you are speaking of.

Best wish's again to you and your wife....

Stay in tune....
Old 02-06-2010, 01:51 PM
1Fordman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

First off I really hope you and your wife are doing better. After reading your other thread it was like adding insult to injury.

I'm wondering if you meant Tru-Spoke wheels, a lot of the dealers used them as add ons to increase their sales profit margins. The center caps came with different logos depending on what brand of car the dealer sold.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:33 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Fordman
First off I really hope you and your wife are doing better. After reading your other thread it was like adding insult to injury.

I'm wondering if you meant Tru-Spoke wheels, a lot of the dealers used them as add ons to increase their sales profit margins. The center caps came with different logos depending on what brand of car the dealer sold.
The actual caps say Tru-Ray and have the crossed flags on them. I have seen this only a few times, as I have said, and wondered if it was a coincidense that all three were 73's.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 PM
bobbarry
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I suppose dealers would add whatever you wanted to pay for and they were willing to go through the trouble to acquire or make available to customers. Wires were very popular at that time, though; my best-friend's father had an emerald-green '75 with Dayton wires that were true knock-offs, and in that time-frame they were considered very sharp looking.

Get notified of new replies

To Tru-Ray Spokers

Quick Reply: Tru-Ray Spokers