Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 LS6 on ebay...$250,000

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Augustus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably one of the "Last" Purely Muscular Vette that is cloaked with the C3 body style.
This car had Aluminum Heads, Solid Lifter camshaft, Aluminum Intake, Forged pistons, and compression around 9-1
Couple with the M22 Rockcrusher, and it's 454!
and it was Fast!
Duntov was dissapointed it only lasted one year.
Last of the Big Meat eating Dinosaurs.

The car is Bad A$$
I Like it alot. I wish I had the coin, but someone will buy that monster!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by jetjockey
Bashing????
Maybe in my quick scan of the thread I missed the "bashing". I didn't see anything that appeared negative, just discussion.

The '71 LS6 was the last of a dying breed. They only made 188 and therein lies it's high value...but at 9:1 compression it sounds nothing like it's high compression ancestors. I've listened to a real LS6 idling and also several real L88s, an L89 and many L71s. There is a very noticable difference. I would think an LS6 can actually be driven in traffic. An L88 however requires special fuel and would overheat quickly at red lights. But who cares, I'm not rich enough to own any of them. Getting a chance to ever drive one is probably out of the question...but I am still hoping.

Back in the day, we thought the world ended when Chevy replaced the 427 with the 454. All the manufacturers were swapping cubic inches for horsepower, in order to make sales while keeping the government happy. Back then, I was not even aware of the LS6 in a 1971 vette. Wasn't into vettes either.

Quick Reply: 71 LS6 on ebay...$250,000