Sponsored by:

I Need Fresh Ideas for Corvette Show Awards

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Dave1998
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Default I Need Fresh Ideas for Corvette Show Awards

I am chairman of an upcoming show hosted by the York County Corvette Club. This is a large corvette show and most participants have entered many shows before and have brought home many trophies themselves.

I want to hear from you if you were at a show and saw or received a nice award that was not the traditional style trophy with the white marble base, that comes in 3 different heights for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Last year we handed out wooden wall plaques. I am still not sure how many of us like an award that requires pounding a nail in the wall which makes it hard to move somewhere else later. Mine is still not hung and laying on the basement floor a year later.

There will be 3 awards given out for each C class.

So give me some new, fresh ideas that folks will be happy to take home.

Dave
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
blueray72
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Take the money you would have spent on the trophies and donate it to your favorite charity. Make certificates for the winners showing their amount donated to the charity.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Greg G
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

A diecast model on a wodden base. You could have every generation for different classes.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

A nice envelope full of cash
Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

Sunshine Corvette Club handed out these identical trophies for all classes...only difference was 1st, 2nd or 3rd place mention. It appears to be a clear acrylic with a stencil on the back side. Different than the usual ones........

Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,357 Likes on 2,785 Posts

Originally Posted by blueray72
Take the money you would have spent on the trophies and donate it to your favorite charity. Make certificates for the winners showing their amount donated to the charity.
This is the absolute quickest way to have an empty show field that day. Car people, whether they have 1 or 1000 trophies, are full-tilt trophy ******, period. They won't come.

Nice thought, though.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:56 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

I went to a show a couple years in Peoria, IL that a street rod club puts on every year... instead of a dash plaque, they gave you a little wood plaque, stained, with a dash plaque for the show on it, as well as a photo taken that day of you in your car. To everyone. Nice touch.

Then for trophies they would use old connecting rods, paint them and affix round stick-on plaques, and mount them on little wood stained "bases." They actually looked quite nice, different, heavy. Everyone loved them.. I imagine they are real cheap and easy to make.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Clams Canino
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow 72
A nice envelope full of cash
Heh....... I was going to say a big GAS CERTIFICATE.

-W
Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 AM
corvetteload
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Big inflated balloons the shape of a human head to honor the egos of the winners!!!
You actually need MORE ideas to honor yourself/them for owning a Corvette?!?!?!?!?! SHEEEESH
Old 04-23-2010, 05:47 AM
corvetteload
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
This is the absolute quickest way to have an empty show field that day. Car people, whether they have 1 or 1000 trophies, are full-tilt trophy ******, period. They won't come.

Nice thought, though.
I was the opposite, I would pull in, and when asked for the fee to show, I would tell the person I wasn't there to win any awards, just to sit with my car and have a pleasant day (really to scope out the hot chicks with their loser boyfriends). Got me in every time.................
Old 04-23-2010, 05:54 AM
corvetteload
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dave1998
I am chairman of an upcoming show hosted by the York County Corvette Club. This is a large corvette show and most participants have entered many shows before and have brought home many trophies themselves.

I want to hear from you if you were at a show and saw or received a nice award that was not the traditional style trophy with the white marble base, that comes in 3 different heights for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Last year we handed out wooden wall plaques. I am still not sure how many of us like an award that requires pounding a nail in the wall which makes it hard to move somewhere else later. Mine is still not hung and laying on the basement floor a year later.

There will be 3 awards given out for each C class.

So give me some new, fresh ideas that folks will be happy to take home.

Dave
Yes, it's me again..........why bother having a show, if you treat your club like every other Vette club, just give all your members the trophies at your monthly meeting and forget about having a show, all the shows I was involved in all the members got the special treatment (Carlisle, Lancaster, and any associated with them). It was a waste of time and effort for anyone who wasn't a member to show up, they were ignored and given the cold shoulder for being an "independent". I did the show and shine at Carlisle one year with an original down to the paint 69 I had, and there were 4 cars in the category and the other 3 were members of the Club throwing the show, guess who didn't get one of the 3 trophies???? It was back in 85, and I remember they picked apart the car for non original mats, headlight door adjustment, etc, but the one car that won had cus2tom paint and cragars, go figure..............
Old 04-23-2010, 07:41 AM
SuprJames
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteload
Yes, it's me again..........why bother having a show, if you treat your club like every other Vette club, just give all your members the trophies at your monthly meeting and forget about having a show, all the shows I was involved in all the members got the special treatment (Carlisle, Lancaster, and any associated with them). It was a waste of time and effort for anyone who wasn't a member to show up, they were ignored and given the cold shoulder for being an "independent". I did the show and shine at Carlisle one year with an original down to the paint 69 I had, and there were 4 cars in the category and the other 3 were members of the Club throwing the show, guess who didn't get one of the 3 trophies???? It was back in 85, and I remember they picked apart the car for non original mats, headlight door adjustment, etc, but the one car that won had cus2tom paint and cragars, go figure..............
While I share your sentiment on not caring about trophies, you're not contributing to the original question. In fact, this post makes you sound a bit bitter.

Back on topic, how about engraved wooden frames that you fill at the show with nicely printed out digital pictures of the winning Vettes.

I like the connecting rod trophies also. Pretty cool idea.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Steve~74
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

How about something like this.....

Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Originally Posted by SuprJames
While I share your sentiment on not caring about trophies, you're not contributing to the original question. In fact, this post makes you sound a bit bitter.
I completely agree. Ive seen every unfair thing happen at these events and I totally understand a certain bitterness, but the thread is requesting ideas for his show. lets leave the value judgements out of it and offer ideas.

PS, when you reach that point in your attitude about shows, you just switch to going to "cruises" that are not judged. Problem solved.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteload
You gotta find better club shows to go to. I don't belong to any, but the local clubs don't give trophies to members, only to non-members that show up with their cars. That way they get over 100 cars. Hey, I've been snubbed by lesser cars but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the day talking to like-minded people. Better than the cruise-ins or hot rod shows where vettes are held somewhat in low regard. Besides, I at least always leave with a nice T-shirt for my $25.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
RonR80
Melting Slicks

Received 197 Likes on 125 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I have a wall full of these dumb %ss trophys and hate them , I think a certificate is a good idea and or maybe a gift card , or dash plaque, besides my wife won't go to the garage and dust them!!!!! , like above a nice T-shirt, gift certicate to a nice restaurant! VP CCC Ottawa Ron

Last edited by RonR80; 04-23-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
blueray72
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve~74
How about something like this.....

that's cool

Get notified of new replies

To I Need Fresh Ideas for Corvette Show Awards

Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Lon Wayne
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vader Vette

Got A trophy in Waverly Ohio C-3 Division it was all Glass its cool.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Dave1998
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

I want to keep this going all this weekend to gather as many ideas as I can.

Keep them coming !!

Dave
Old 04-23-2010, 09:00 PM
70Donnybrooke
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to a show where when you came in they took a picture of your car against a nice backround. During they show they developed them. At the end they gave you a nice standing plaque with your cars picture in it.

Quick Reply: I Need Fresh Ideas for Corvette Show Awards