E C K L E R S ~ Shame On You !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 AM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 453 Likes on 268 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default E C K L E R S ~ Shame On You !!!

I recently did a complete resto on my Tri-Power carbs & needed a few very small, very light parts, to complete the install ( 3 ) to be exact !!

1. Choke Rod with clip

2. Choke Coil

3. Choke coil cover

First of all this made in "China" CRAP is a diservice for any catalogue to list, do these guys test or even look at these items before the list them for sale ?

The choke rod was missing the clip it said it came with & was bent the wrong way & too short & didnt work.

The choke coil had no tension at all hot or cold it didnt hold up the choke rod.

The choke coil cover looked nice but didnt fit.

So here I am, 0 - for - 3

They shipped all 3 in a box the size of a bowling ball, & the paper inside weighed in more then the 3 tiny items, so they then have the ***** to charge $16.00 shipping from FLA to NY ( regular Fed X ground ) & it took 5 days to arrive.

So now i go to return the items, all defective, terrible quality, useless made in CHINA JUNK & it only costs me $1.68 in a padded brown envelope parcel post, same 5 days to ship it back. ( i guess its cheaper going south then north ) ?? I'm out $17.68 because they do not reimburse shipping either direction PERIOD. Even though they sell defective parts, that dont fit, that have missing items & over charge on shipping.

To make matters worse, the morons are so stupid, that they left the tags on the plastic baggies showing they came from PARAGON !!!
so next time you can go to the source direct...........

One word sums up my experience with ECKLERS "DISCUSTING"

ECKLERS - SHAME ON YOU !!!

NEVER AGAIN.... .....BUYERS BEWARE !!!

Last edited by 427SIXPACK; 07-27-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I've used Eckler's since the mid-80s and have never had any real issue with them.

My .02

Old 07-27-2010, 12:20 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I always ask them to issue a call tag and they pickup the return at my door.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 PM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I will post some photos of the completed carb restoration soon !!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Vampyre
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But they have a nice catalog....
Old 08-03-2010, 05:09 PM
72 bucket of parts
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheaper going south because it's down hill.

Kelley
Old 08-07-2010, 08:50 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,572 Likes on 2,165 Posts
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Interesting that this thread has gone on this long without someone from Ecklers chiming in. That may be a clear indication of how detatched from the hobby and us enthusiasts they really are.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 AM
19LEW71
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
Interesting that this thread has gone on this long without someone from Ecklers chiming in. That may be a clear indication of how detatched from the hobby and us enthusiasts they really are.
Good point.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:15 PM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
I thought the same thing, and I believe that you are 100% correct.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:55 PM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

P H T O S as promised ........

B E F O R E

A F T E R

F I N I S H E D

Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

I don't see anything in the narrative where this rule was followed:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.

Occasionally, members fail to recognize the importance of exhausting all efforts to settle an unresolved dispute, issue, or concern offline.

Such action can seriously damage the reputation of the business, the owner, their employees, or another member.

Members need to realize that when they create a thread, even if the information is factual, if they have not given the business/owner/member the opportunity to make things right, hundreds of members will still read the thread and walk away thinking less of the business and member, and could hinder future purchases.

Therefore, it is imperative that members contact the business/member via phone, e-mail, or PM to attempt to settle an issue or concern offline and afford them the opportunity to make things right or to clarify what may have gone wrong
therefore, the thread ends.

I will be calling Eckler's in the am to advise them of your concerns

Get notified of new replies

To E C K L E R S ~ Shame On You !!!

Quick Reply: E C K L E R S ~ Shame On You !!!