Sponsored by:

Floor Insulation and interior redo

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 07:34 PM
dgood
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Floor Insulation and interior redo

I just pulled all my carpet out to check out my floor boards and see if there was any insulation under my carpet because my feet are always burning up. Floor boards were in good shape, some surface rust and there was very little insulation under the front carpet.

bought some duct insulation from Home Depot (self adhesive foil and foam duct insulation). it come in 12 in wide rolls 15 feet long and 1/8 inch think, r value of 3. I tapped over all the joints with foil tape and it looks pretty good. keeps the noise down some and it did cut some of the heat down also. I may double it up in the floor pans and around the tranny tunnel. It was 16 dollars a roll and it took me 4 rolls to do the front floor, tranny tunnel, both doors, all the back, under the seats, in all three compartments and I have a little left over.

used some rust oleum fabric and vinyl satin gray spray paint and painted all the carpet. This took awhile, pulling all the carpet, taping the door up but it looks pretty good. my carpet was in good shape, just faded and stained in some spots. The carpet was stiff after I was done but I just used a brush and my hand to smooth it up. cheap interior redo. It took two coats on all the carpet to go from light faded gray to a full covered dark gray. between the paint and insulation, it was about 100 bucks. I will post pictures tomorrow once I learn how. I work for free so the 20 plus hours didn't cost me a dime.

Quick Reply: Floor Insulation and interior redo