Sponsored by:

Front bumper trim alignment on '69

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper trim alignment on '69

Hey guys. The front bumper trim on my '69 does not line up on both sides where the vertical chrome supports meet the lower surrounds. I am wondering if I loosen the bolts up on the vertical sections do they move around enough where I can reposition them to line up? As far as I know the front of this car has never seen any damage and the chrome buts are all good so they should line up. Any suggestions?

I don't have a great pic of the front at the ready but you can kind of see in this pic that the driver's side sits about 1/4 low compared to the other.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:42 AM
avner
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The game with the gap aliment is shims, I had the same problem and solved it with shims in the upper bumper guard screw.
Avner
Old 03-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Saul
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sid-X
Hey guys. The front bumper trim on my '69 does not line up on both sides where the vertical chrome supports meet the lower surrounds. I am wondering if I loosen the bolts up on the vertical sections do they move around enough where I can reposition them to line up? As far as I know the front of this car has never seen any damage and the chrome buts are all good so they should line up. Any suggestions?

I don't have a great pic of the front at the ready but you can kind of see in this pic that the driver's side sits about 1/4 low compared to the other.
Sid-X, were you able to correct this?
My '69 has the same issue. It has always bothered me but for years I've written it off as "original workmanship." While that's sadly true, I did venture to look at it last night. I pulled off one of the bumper guards (which was easier than I thought it would be) and it looks like a bit of shimming will do the trick. I'll post a pic next weekend if I get time to wrap it up.

Get notified of new replies

To Front bumper trim alignment on '69

Quick Reply: Front bumper trim alignment on '69