Sponsored by:

Fuel Line Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 03:11 PM
smon
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel Line Help

My new Holley Street Avenger 670 comes in tomorrow and I am trying to gather all the materials for a new fuel line, but I'm having trouble.

I am using Lars' paper (fuel line) but I am having trouble finding what I need. I was able to get a canister filter that is a cross reference part since the one in the link is discontinued. But I cannot find the line with the o-ring fittings anywhere(also discontinued).
Oreilly's Auto had the connections, but with only 3 inches of tubing with it...so I would somehow have to connect two pieces of straight line together. The guy gave me some compression fitting and said it would be good.

I thought it might be easier to go the aftermarket filter route as shown at the end of Lars' paper, but the summit filter is also discontinued. I have searched summit for what I need and nothing makes sense. Is there a filter out there that has inlet/outlet with 3/8 tubing with the double flare? Is the fitting 5/8"-18?

At this point I don't know what else to look for.

Also, I bought straight from holley and it said it comes with a fuel line kit...I'm guessing this is just some rubber hose? What are the inlets for the dual feed holley? I want to use all hard lines, so where can I find a brass tee that works with the 3/8 and double flares?

I thought this would be simple, but now i'm about to lose my mind.

Sean
Old 09-01-2011, 03:28 PM
smon
Racer

After more searching, I think the cheapest and easiest is to just find an equivalent to the 22527595 line. Has anyone figured out what else fits the GF481 filter?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,944 Likes on 4,783 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

why not use a stock line from a vette with a factory double pumper
Old 09-01-2011, 05:15 PM
smon
Racer

I don't think it would line up exactly with my setup (an airgap and spacer). I also want an inline filter because I will remove the ones in the carb.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:07 PM
C6DuffMan
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just did this on my 71. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...ol-review.html

It does take some tools and parts. I found most of the stuff at Napa. Ordered the filter from Amazon, but I'm sure it could be found locally. The tools I got from Summit, but they are also very common.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
smon
Racer

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I searched for a couple hours and never found your thread. Hopefully my local napa has the parts.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
smon
Racer

Where did you get the brass tee fitting? Napa? If so do you have a part number for that also?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
C6DuffMan
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 75vettehelp
Where did you get the brass tee fitting? Napa? If so do you have a part number for that also?
Some local (non-chain) auto parts store. My buddy bought it. Should be pretty common though.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:25 PM
iokepakai
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I took the easy way out by using Summit G3120-1 adjustable fuel line with filter and pressure gauge.Fragola 8000 push-on hose with their AN6 fittings.From the output of the fuel pump I used an adapter to AN6 then ran the hose up to the Summit fuel dual feed fuel line.You need an npt adapter to AN6 to connect to the input of the Summit line.Here's a picture of my setup.It worked out well no leaks and no hassles trying to form a metal line.This setup is a little pricy.....Aloha's [IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-02-2011, 11:16 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

theres lots of AN fittings and AN gas filters available, you could always use a stock line and cut it and put on AN compression fittings to mate up with your fuel rail
Old 09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
CheezMoe
Melting Slicks

Received 100 Likes on 85 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13,'19-'20

Napa carries GM "Fuel Line Repair kits which have the rubber o ring fittings. There is also an AN adapter available from Russel.

I used the Napa part on mine.

Good Luck!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
smon
Racer

Thanks for all the help guys.

No one around here carries any of the weatherhead connectors, and Napa did not carry the fuel line repair.
But Oreilly's did have one: Fuel Line Repair Kit
Will this work? Looks similiar and should be long enough if I buy two of them. Local store has them in stock.

Now I have to figure out the brass tee fitting. What does the carb come with? Im guessing rubber hose to some sort of block, but does it have just a nipple for a rubber hose or female flare fitting? I could use this temporarily until I get the correct brass tee.

Last edited by smon; 09-02-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod

Thanks for all the help guys.

No one around here carries any of the weatherhead connectors, and Napa did not carry the fuel line repair.
But Oreilly's did have one: Fuel Line Repair Kit
Will this work? Looks similiar and should be long enough if I buy two of them. Local store has them in stock.

Now I have to figure out the brass tee fitting. What does the carb come with? Im guessing rubber hose to some sort of block, but does it have just a nipple for a rubber hose or female flare fitting? I could use this temporarily until I get the correct brass tee.

that is exactly the kit you are looking for, just make sure the thread size is the same as the filters, that is plenty long enough. i bought the fuel rail and it came terminated with one input and you can use a compression fitting with the other end either AN or double flared to mate it. i imagine the carbs comes with nothing for a fuel rail

heres an expensive one from summit to get an idea....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3100/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220106/

Last edited by bobs77vet; 09-02-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

After more searching, I think the cheapest and easiest is to just find an equivalent to the 22527595 line. Has anyone figured out what else fits the GF481 filter?
The filter is the easy part! This fuel filter was used in Corvettes over a fairly long period, late 80s, early 90s so it is widely available. Rock Auto has a good database...

Now it is considered a C-4 part

Last edited by PRNDL; 09-02-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:13 PM
smon
Racer

The filter is the easy part! This fuel filter was used in Corvettes over a fairly long period, late 80s, early 90s so it is widely available. Rock Auto has a good database...

Now it is considered a C-4 part
I have the filter, I meant what fuel line I could buy that fit the filter. I knew I needed on from a 94ish chevy 4X4, but they were all discontinued.

I think the 16mm fitting on the fuel repair kit should fit the filter. So hopefully I can do this all in one shot and not have to wait for parts, especially with the holiday this weekend.

On Holley's website, the information picture about the Street Avenger says the carb comes with a "fuel line kit". But worst case I can get that cheap chrome fuel line from my local parts store.

Thanks for all the help

Last edited by smon; 09-02-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

On Holley's website, the information picture about the Street Avenger says the carb comes with a "fuel line kit". But worst case I can get that cheap chrome fuel line from my local parts store.

Thanks for all the help
i am sure it will terminate into 1 inlet port, maybe in the instructions it says the thread size and pitch....you will still need a fitting for the end of the oreilly line coming out of the filter and heading to the "inlet port". i used a fitting made by russel that was compression one end and with threaded on the other end.

Last edited by bobs77vet; 09-02-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:50 PM
0peakspeedshop
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Weatherhead 1446 adapters from Peak Speed Shop

For anyone having a hard time getting the Weatherhead 1446 adapters (including o-ring) for this setup, Peak Speed Shop now sells them online.

Weatherhead 1446 adapters

Or, order a whole kit for Quadrajet Carburetor setup:

C3 Filter Kit from Peak Speed Shop

Go to: http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/in...x&cPath=90_138

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Line Help

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Help