Sponsored by:

Headlight recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 12:50 PM
couperdecar
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Headlight recommendation

I used to HATE my origional sealed beams. Went to bottom end halogens and - mehhh. I ended up purchasing Daniel Sterns CSRs after reading his article about them. He said they are stunning and YEP THEY ARE. They run an H1 bulb instead of the H4 so you need to do some rewiring. I simplified things and hooked them up like a fog light (seperate switch). I left the brights on the colmn switch.
Just to give you an idea how 'Stunning' these dims are - when I origionally hooked them up , I also put 55W Hellas in the brights. The CSRs on dim were as bright and I could hardly tell if the brights were on! I pulled the 55W brights out and stuck in some 100W in there. Still last night on that dark deserted highway I mostly ran with the dims.
Any oncoming traffic did not flash me. The CSRs have a sharp fantastic cutoff. If you can find some CSRs ( he no longer sells them ) BUY THEM ! You will not be disappointed ! They
Check your Craiglist or EBay or kijiji or whatever. You have to find these if you're unhappy with your present headlights

Quick Reply: Headlight recommendation