Sponsored by:

Vette As Giclee Canvas Art

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:32 PM
LancePearson
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Vette As Giclee Canvas Art

Anyone who knows me knows I think our C3's are as much art as performance cars. I'm a professional level photographer which also means knowning how to use and have printed photos in creative ways including the use often for my own images of Giclee printing with archival quality inks on canvas and frames.

A friend wanted a photo of a vette done this way and I offered to do it for him for zero cost and gave him a selection of many images of my car, Harry's car, car photos many of you sent me to make a slideshow video some of you have seen on Youtube celebrating the C3.

One of the images is a wonderful red vette shot from above by someone on cobblestone court or street. That is the image my friend in Washington State picked so I got it ready and had it turned into a print on a 1 1/2" frame in 12 x 16" size. When you do that the printing vendor shows you a very small, compressed sample of how it will look and I've attached that as on rare occasions an image will just "pop" out almost as though it is 3D though it is not. It is textured much like oil paint only clearer and crisper. I don't know how it will look here as it is a small sample of what the completed image on a canvas on a frame will look like. The completed one will be very detailed and precise.

Whoever's car it is, PM me, and if you like it I'll have one made for you in a 10 x 14" size for free as well as it is a most capitivating and interesting look with a mirror image running down one side so the car stays centered.

I hope it is interesting to you and if any of you have images of your Corvettes that you want to do this with PM me and I'll give you the link for the online Vendor who does this with archival quality inks and a very expensive printer from good quality digital images so you can have your own done. It is a modern thing and the results from a good image can be far crisper and brighter than the size of the image they allow here cold ever show.

Lance P.
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2011, 11:41 PM
LancePearson
Drifting

Here are the two companies online that I've used to make Giclee prints with digital images on Canvas. The one above is Canvas4life but either one has done good work for me including some flower photos of mine in 30 x 30" sizes which are astonishingly beautiful.

Canvas4life http://www.canvas4life.com/?kw=digit...FSVM5QodMDd_4w

canvas on demand http://www.canvasondemand.com/
Old 11-20-2011, 12:32 AM
UberLegend
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YouTube link?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 AM
LancePearson
Drifting

Vettes as art with music to a slideshow of a bunch of C3's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y93gdU8meic
Old 11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
shmoky
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Neat idea Lance. Great video. Spotted mine a couple of times. Forgot I had posted those photos.

shmoky
Old 08-16-2012, 03:42 PM
markjan1
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's amazing how cheap things are to produce on canvass or even high grade archival type papers.

Get notified of new replies

To Vette As Giclee Canvas Art

Quick Reply: Vette As Giclee Canvas Art