Sponsored by:

Re Grundy Insurnace

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 AM
FlyLS6
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re Grundy Insurnace

I'm a licensed agent in Collin County, TX, and about two years ago I got an "appointment" with Grundy, essentially to write a policy on my own car.

I don't pursue the business, so this isn't a solicitation. I just figured that by writing my own car I could control the my policy easier.

Not long ago, there I saw a thread in which the issue of Grundy's acquisition was talked about, and problems they were having in trying to deal with them.

I recently had a conversation with a Grundy/ Philadelphia Insurance Company rep, who passed on to me that yea...they had some transition problems after the acquisition. Having been in the business for 25 years, that's probably reasonable.

In any event, I've received an email with some detail that might be of interest to any forum members that might still have Grundy; I'm cut and pasting the info directly from the email I received:

"-Our mailing address is
Philadelphia Insurance Companies
One Bala Plaza, Suite 100
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

-Our e-mail address is cv@phlyins.com. You can send any requests, forms, questions, etc. to this e-mail.

-Our customer service number is 1-877-438-7459

-Our fax number is 1-866-847-4046

-Our claims number is 1-800-765-9749/ Fax: 1-800-685-9238

-We are also available online to do IM chats."

They also forwarded a change request form, which is probably available at www.grundyworldwide.com ; I was told the web site is still operation and fully functional.

That's all I know. Boots off, beer up.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default my 2 cents

Originally Posted by FlyLS6
I'm a licensed agent in Collin County, TX, and about two years ago I got an "appointment" with Grundy, essentially to write a policy on my own car.

I don't pursue the business, so this isn't a solicitation. I just figured that by writing my own car I could control the my policy easier.

Not long ago, there I saw a thread in which the issue of Grundy's acquisition was talked about, and problems they were having in trying to deal with them.

I recently had a conversation with a Grundy/ Philadelphia Insurance Company rep, who passed on to me that yea...they had some transition problems after the acquisition. Having been in the business for 25 years, that's probably reasonable.

In any event, I've received an email with some detail that might be of interest to any forum members that might still have Grundy; I'm cut and pasting the info directly from the email I received:

"-Our mailing address is
Philadelphia Insurance Companies
One Bala Plaza, Suite 100
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

-Our e-mail address is cv@phlyins.com. You can send any requests, forms, questions, etc. to this e-mail.

-Our customer service number is 1-877-438-7459

-Our fax number is 1-866-847-4046

-Our claims number is 1-800-765-9749/ Fax: 1-800-685-9238

-We are also available online to do IM chats."

They also forwarded a change request form, which is probably available at www.grundyworldwide.com ; I was told the web site is still operation and fully functional.

That's all I know. Boots off, beer up.

I decided to keep them. Talked with them, seemed to be ok.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had Grundy on a couple cars, since with Chubb group, and really didn't notice any difference when moving to Philly. Haven't made any claims though, and really not to worried about them leaving me in the dark.

Get notified of new replies

To Re Grundy Insurnace

Quick Reply: Re Grundy Insurnace