Need help looking at a car in St. Louis/St. Charles

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:59 AM
CWerner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Need help looking at a car in St. Louis/St. Charles

I've got a friend who is in the market for a 70-72 coupe. He's found one he likes at Fast Lane autos in St. Charles MO.

It's a 72LT1, NOM. I've looked on line and seen detailed pictures and it seems pretty nice. The price is too high, but everything is negotiable.

Any recomendations for a local corvette expert who can check it out and give an opinion?

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by CWerner; 02-22-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:12 AM
BFI
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 82 from Fast Lane and it was a good experience working with them. Have your friend do his home work and go look at the car. The folks at Fast Lane were very helpful in giving me full access to inspect the car. They put it up on the lift so that I could easily do a complete inspection on the bottom side and suggested an area to inspect for rust that is sometimes missed by potential buyers. Now as far as every thing ($$$$) is negotiable that may be another matter. Yes, they did come off the listed price a little, but don't expect much. I had cash money sitting on the desk, a big stack of $100 bills and it didn't make a big difference. Bottom line, the car was exactly what I wanted, a low mileage, unmolsted original, car. They represented the car online as the car was found to be upon close inspection, nothing covered up or concealed. It's been 3 years and the car is still great! I would be glad to deal with them again.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:22 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by BFI
I bought my 82 from Fast Lane and it was a good experience working with them. Have your friend do his home work and go look at the car. The folks at Fast Lane were very helpful in giving me full access to inspect the car. They put it up on the lift so that I could easily do a complete inspection on the bottom side and suggested an area to inspect for rust that is sometimes missed by potential buyers. Now as far as every thing ($$$$) is negotiable that may be another matter. Yes, they did come off the listed price a little, but don't expect much. I had cash money sitting on the desk, a big stack of $100 bills and it didn't make a big difference. Bottom line, the car was exactly what I wanted, a low mileage, unmolsted original, car. They represented the car online as the car was found to be upon close inspection, nothing covered up or concealed. It's been 3 years and the car is still great! I would be glad to deal with them again.

When you have one of these sitting in the showroom,

A stack of $100s doesn't mean much.

Especially if the showroom looks like this. And it is only a small part of the cars on display.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help looking at a car in St. Louis/St. Charles

Quick Reply: Need help looking at a car in St. Louis/St. Charles