American Powertrain transmission group buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 69VetteFla
Pulled this from another site:
Externally they are identical and can only be distinguished from each other by the number on the ID tag.

Really hope you get all your parts soon. Should have mine done early this week and will let you all know if there were any problems and how I like it.
Do you know what number it is? I would really like to know, you never know if they sent you the wrong trans.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billysvette
Do you know what number it is? I would really like to know, you never know if they sent you the wrong trans.
Billy - you are getting me more nervous than I already am That would be a real problem to say the least if they did that. I assumed when I pulled that info off another site that it would actually say "600" but could be wrong. I have the Tremec box at home with my muncie in it and the label on the box says TKO 600 but that doesn't mean much. My mechanic already installed mine but is doing a bunch of other engine work so it better be the right one. By the way, he was able to get it in without cutting the cross member but said that it was a real bitch. Will drop by the shop tomorrow and see if he can confirm that it is a 600 somehow.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:43 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

If you want to know for sure slip the yoke in the tail end and with it in 1st gear turn the input shaft and count the turns until the yoke turns once. More than 3 revolutions, it is a 500, less than 3, it is a 600.

You guys are going to worry yourselves to death over this.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by flyeri
If you want to know for sure slip the yoke in the tail end and with it in 1st gear turn the input shaft and count the turns until the yoke turns once. More than 3 revolutions, it is a 500, less than 3, it is a 600.

You guys are going to worry yourselves to death over this.
You cant blame us ,can you,especially with all the wrong parts being shipped to forum members.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Frogday
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The tag looks like this...4618 is the .82 OD and 5009 is the .64 OD. Pretty sure most here ordered the 5009.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM
flyeri
Drifting

You cant blame us ,can you,especially with all the wrong parts being shipped to forum members.
I get it, but AP has made it all right as far as I can tell. Except for the guy that cut and rewelded his shift lever that is. I guess I have too many real problems to deal with at work to worry about the problems that may happen. Besides, this is a hobby and it will work out fine for us.

Mine should be here tomorrow but I won't get to put it in until the end of the month. I'll post Tuesday (gonna be out of town tomorrow night) and let you know what I got in the 124 lb shipment. I am thinking the driveshaft may not be in there, and I deleted the clutch as I don't have any idea if I have a 10.5" or 11" clutch or what it is. Going back with a Centerforce Dual Friction though. Hopefully I can get by with machining the flywheel.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 201 Posts

Here are all the part numbers, if anyone is curious, straight from the source. http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English/products/TKO.asp
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
Here are all the part numbers, if anyone is curious, straight from the source. http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English/products/TKO.asp
Nice find - thanks. Anyone know what the difference between part # TCET 5008 and TCET 5009 are? They look the same to me. Just figured it out - 5009 is GM and 5008 is Ford.

Last edited by 69VetteFla; 05-13-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM
C6Matt
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

after 2 calls last week I still have not gotten my refund, or a call back, or an email. They will be getting call # 3 today. When my trans is done, it will be done, I know they are working hard and have supplier constraints, but I really should get the $ back for the clutch they never shipped, and the flywheel they recieved last monday.

Last edited by C6Matt; 05-14-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:13 AM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Originally Posted by C6Matt
after 2 calls last week I still have not gotten my refund, or a call back, or an email. They will be getting call # 3 today. When my trans is done, it will be done, I know they are working hard and have supplier constraints, but I really should get the $ back for the clutch they never shipped, and the flywheel they recieved last monday.
Having supplier constraints is out of their control but not calling you back and crediting you back your $s isn't right.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 AM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Matt
I have to call them today also. They should have received my returned parts on Friday. This is one of the reasons I ended up buying parts somewhere else. Instead of looking at my car in pieces in the garage while they take their time to exchange my parts, I was out putting over 250 miles on it this weekend.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Frogday
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I changed my rear gear from 3.42 to 3.73 and need a new speedo gear, but can't get any of them to reply. Got an automated message back from Gray saying he is out indefinitely for medical reasons. Josh has usually been good about replying to mail, Paul is hit or miss. I guess I'll have to call to order a new gear.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 AM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Nobody answering phones over there today. I just called twice and it rings and rings. It didn't even go to the receptionist like it usually does when no one answers.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Originally Posted by qwank
Nobody answering phones over there today. I just called twice and it rings and rings. It didn't even go to the receptionist like it usually does when no one answers.
Are you calling main # 931-646-4836?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Yes and then extension 203 to see if the tech dept received and inspected my old parts yet.

Edit: I called back and I got to leave a message this time.

Last edited by qwank; 05-14-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:21 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Originally Posted by qwank
Yes and then extension 203 to see if the tech dept received and inspected my old parts yet.

Edit: I called back and I got to leave a message this time.
Just called and spoke to Paul. I went by the shop and my shift lever is too long and told Paul I need the shorter shifter. He said he is going to look into and get back to me by the end of the day. Curious if anyone received a shifter that was the same height as original.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:44 PM
C6Matt
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just called and spoke to Paul. I went by the shop and my shift lever is too long and told Paul I need the shorter shifter. He said he is going to look into and get back to me by the end of the day. Curious if anyone received a shifter that was the same height as original.
called paul, he doesnt know where my refund is, he is going to check on it...says it may or may not be processed yet. Atleast hes straight about that. Says he will call me back, it would be the first time. we will see. I should of asked if my trans was coming.
Do they send the driveshaft with the order or do they need me to install it and send in measurements?

Get notified of new replies

To American Powertrain transmission group buy

Old 05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

I just got my trans in the mail today,inside it had a trans bracket,trans poly mount,pilot bearing,reverse electric wiring,shift plate,shifter,which is 6 1/2 inches long ,from top of ball to the botom of the round part going down,and 8 1/2 long from top of ball to the end of bracket welded on it. It looks short,i dont know.But thats it ,all in one box.What else we suppose to get? drive shaft and clutch and fly wheel?
Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 PM
flyeri
Drifting

I just got my trans in the mail today,inside it had a trans bracket,trans poly mount,pilot bearing,reverse electric wiring,shift plate,shifter,which is 6 1/2 inches long ,from top of ball to the botom of the round part going down,and 8 1/2 long from top of ball to the end of bracket welded on it. It looks short,i dont know.But thats it ,all in one box.What else we suppose to get? drive shaft and clutch and fly wheel?
That sounds great. Mine is in my office and I am out of town. There was no drive shaft with it. It is supposed to come from somewhere else as I recall. Is that right?

EDIT: I just talked to Josh and he said yokes were the hold up on the driveshafts. The shop has them and he would guess we should have the shafts in about a week. Works for me.

Last edited by flyeri; 05-14-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by flyeri
That sounds great. Mine is in my office and I am out of town. There was no drive shaft with it. It is supposed to come from somewhere else as I recall. Is that right?
Yes the drive shaft comes from another place.Its what ive heard. Did you get other stuff?

Quick Reply: American Powertrain transmission group buy