Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever see one of these before ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Dracule
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as Vette customs go, I guess I'm more a purist. I mean that in that it is easy enough to do 'custom' bodywork to anything fiberglass or composite, and the world abounds with 'what if's' and check this out's... it's just that some look....... well, some look like ***, while others just look awkward, and still others have very good flowing lines and design. Just throwing on a Greenwood ground effects doesn't necessarily make for a aesthetic pleasing look, sometimes 'I' think it looks over-acessorized, kind of early JC Whitney'd out. On my 82, I love the front, the middle and the rear, however it would seem that somewhere along the way, the designers became tired. The rear looks too pinched in my opinion. Don't bet me wrong, it looks good, it just looks as though the designers were running out of steam on the drawing board. Just as there are wide body flare kits that look excellent and others look 80's bell bottom dated. But at any rate, these are only my opinions, and clearly the community has their likes and dislikes, and..... about anythings game. But as this rear hatchback Monza-ish kit goes, I think the side windows look .....forced.... awkward, like going square to round or visa versa, the continuity gets disturbed. Still, if your out there enjoying your Vette, who am I to comment contrary to your likes...
Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Did anyone grab a picture by chance? The add is gone.

Quick Reply: anyone ever see one of these before ?