Sponsored by:

Where to purchase complete interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Where to purchase complete interior

Is there a vendor that sells complete interior trim panels as a package? Or do you have to piece together every part?

Last edited by Dose11; 06-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Indiancreek
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I got the carpet, seats and door panels from Willcox a while back (still haven't put them in) They helped with making sure all things matched. You might try there. They all seem to offer the package though.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Yeah I saw that package...but I can't seem to find a trim package. I need every interior trim panel
Old 06-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Indiancreek
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you'd call any of them I suspect they would help you work up a package. I have in the past with Willcox. I feel sure he'd work with you.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:47 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Indiancreek
If you'd call any of them I suspect they would help you work up a package. I have in the past with Willcox. I feel sure he'd work with you.
They're a great company to deal with.

Les
Old 06-10-2012, 05:52 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Received 212 Likes on 113 Posts

Are you missing the pieces Dose, or have them and don't want to go the dye route? Just curious as I'm sort of following along on your car because we'll be doing the same basic thing.

Adam
Old 06-10-2012, 07:02 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Why not call a few and ask? I'm sure Willcox and others would be willing to put togther a package price.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:06 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CQRT
Why not call a few and ask? I'm sure Willcox and others would be willing to put togther a package price.
If you are purchasing an entire interior like it sounds, you should be able to get a fair discount putting additional pieces to the offered package deal.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 PM
markids77
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Original parts fit best and should be refinished and reused if at all possible. Post up some detail pics of your interior; perhaps a fresh finish might be possible on some components. My 77 interior came from at least 5 different cars, and 2 new component vendors but it is coming together quite nicely after some intensive "rattle can" therapy. Rehabbing OE stuff will save you buckets of cash as well!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Originally Posted by Indiancreek
Sounds Like a plan

Originally Posted by AdamMeh
Are you missing the pieces Dose, or have them and don't want to go the dye route? Just curious as I'm sort of following along on your car because we'll be doing the same basic thing.

Adam
I have them, but majority of them have rips, tears, broken in areas...you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking. *I have thought about dying some pieces and I still might, but in my mind at least 90% of the pieces need to be replaced *I need to extensively take inventory of all the pieces. *Then I think to myself well...in the future will I have to re-dye the pieces again...and I also would like to make sure all the pieces match...I don't want the dyed pieces to be darker or lighter than the new pieces...so my thought was...Either I can dye everything(but I can't since a lot need to be replaced) or Buy all new pieces....
Originally Posted by CQRT
This is def something I will be doing...
Originally Posted by markids77
Original parts fit best and should be refinished and reused if at all possible. Post up some detail pics of your interior; perhaps a fresh finish might be possible on some components. My 77 interior came from at least 5 different cars, and 2 new component vendors but it is coming together quite nicely after some intensive "rattle can" therapy. Rehabbing OE stuff will save you buckets of cash as well!
Ahh yes I have heard, and know that original pieces fit best...so now the problem is...how are some repro pieces going to fit with some of the original pieces, when I do it...I wan't to do it right

In my head I kind of think about buying a suite, you go one place find some nice slacks, you go somewhere else you find a nice jacket....you get home...the BLACKS DON'T MATCH....Solution...Buy a whole suite and don't piece it together!

Maybe this is not the case...maybe the dye is right on the money, maybe if I prep and spray right it won't fade a diff color, maybe the repro pieces will fit perfectly next to the OG pieces....there are a lot of maybes in there though.

But can someone tell me...WHY IN THE H*LL rear quater trim panels cost about $300!?!?!?!?! Hopefully those are in decent condition...I don't know if I can justify paying 300 bucks for that piece of plastic!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

FWIW: use every stock piece you can possibly use. Clean it, dye it, repair it, restore it, whatever it takes. Nothing reproduction will fit as well as the stock pieces.

Ditto for good used stock pieces. Don't buy if you don't have to.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
FWIW: use every stock piece you can possibly use. Clean it, dye it, repair it, restore it, whatever it takes. Nothing reproduction will fit as well as the stock pieces.

Ditto for good used stock pieces. Don't buy if you don't have to.

Alright, so should I try to hunt down used replacement stock pieces and just clean, dye and repair EVERYTHING and not buy any new pieces?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Dose11
Alright, so should I try to hunt down used replacement stock pieces and just clean, dye and repair EVERYTHING and not buy any new pieces?
Up to you. My advice is not to replace anything you do not positively need to replace.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to purchase complete interior

Quick Reply: Where to purchase complete interior