Sponsored by:

Carolina Classic Corvettes Road Trip Sept 15th

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:17 AM
richard emmanuel
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Carolina Classic Corvettes Road Trip Sept 15th

Okay Gang the weather is still warm but slowly cooling down and our next road trip has been planned and mapped out.

Destination- Reeds Gold Mine, Rocky River Vineyards and Morrow Mtn.

We will meet at the IKEA parking lot off North Tryon and City Blvd exit off I-85 on Sept 15th. Plan to meet there at 8AM and lets depart at 8:30 AM.

We will travel HWY 49 to Hwy 601 then to Hwy 24/27 to the Reeds Gold Mine. From there we will leave and go down the road to the Rocky River Vineyards and after that head further into Albermarle for lunch at one of the steak houses on the main drag. After lunch we will cruise on to Morrow Mtn state Park and go to the top of look out point for some group pics and to see the wonderful view from the top of the moutain across the county. If you have never been to Morrow Mtn it is a breath taking view. I understand the temp. is about 60 in the mine shafts so dress a little warm or carry a sweater for this event. The tour and museum is free and it cost only a few dollars if you want to try your luck shifting/panning for gold. The winery is also priced very reasonable for tasting as well and the reviews on line were high marks. This is an all day trip with us returning to Charlotte around 4:45 pm. The roads we will travel are one lane and two lane country roads with great scenic views. These roads are ideal for cruising with the tops down or t-tops out, lets just hope mother nature gives us another wonderful and blessed day in the sun to enjoy our classic cars. All those planning on attending please email at rnicemanalways@aol.com by Sept 12, so I can have a head count for the resturant. Any c1, c2, c3 owners that are not members of CCC are welcome to join us on this cruise/road trip

Thanks, Richard Thomas
Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 PM
RIO68
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a plan-----! Should work for me.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:21 PM
crossfire1982
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in !

Get notified of new replies

To Carolina Classic Corvettes Road Trip Sept 15th

Quick Reply: Carolina Classic Corvettes Road Trip Sept 15th