Sponsored by:

Back after a loooooong break

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:13 AM
my2nd78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Back after a loooooong break

After travelling a ton for work and keeping up with everything on the home front, I'm finally back in the groove with the 78. Mechanically, everything was done and she was on the road. We decided to do some interior work and that's where we stalled. Interior work absolutely blows. Dash was a disaster, wiring was a disaster and apparently all of the rust was located in the seat frames. I have been doing small work all along, just not the big stuff.
New objective. Get it on the road and drive the crap out of it. I may have a questions while I finish the interior. Decided to re use skins and foam for now. Skins are in good shape. I need new door panels but that will have to wait. Everything else is new. The "While I'm at it" disease is deadly! I'm open to suggestions. Here are a few pics of what's going on for the picture junkies. (if I remember how to post them)

Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
80Baby
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice. I must agree though, if it wasn't for work issues my restoration would have been completed 2 years ago. I need to work to pay for the restoration, but I need the time off to do the restoration. Life is cruel sometimes.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:46 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by 80Baby
Very nice. I must agree though, if it wasn't for work issues my restoration would have been completed 2 years ago. I need to work to pay for the restoration, but I need the time off to do the restoration. Life is cruel sometimes.

To the OP, Looks great so far!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
my2nd78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. It's amazing how twisted and distorted seat frames can get. Even after all my efforts to make sure the seats were straight, you just don't know until they are fully assembled. I had to then spend a few more hours with a hammer beating on the frames till those stupid seat back adjusters were close. Seats are fully assembled and ready to go back in.

I discovered that I need to remove my brand new dash that I had just installed. At least the windshield is still out. Stupid glove box door.

Then it's carpet, seats, some weather stripping, tires, windshield and replace heater core hoses. (Hopefully)

Get notified of new replies

To Back after a loooooong break

Quick Reply: Back after a loooooong break