Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Ike27
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window help needed

Hi all.

I have a 76.. and the AIM. I have read the procedure but I just cannot seem to close the gap between the upright and the rear drivers side of the glass.

I need to adjust the inward (Towards the Driver) tilt of the glass. The doors are aligned perfectly, the windows operate smoothly, I just cant get that damn gap any closer. I removed the roof panel and the gap was the same.

Any and all help much appreciated.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:46 AM
Carl in LA
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Sympathy and a bump to the top. I tried and tried the last time i did window service but could not achieve perfection. Broke down and went to the pros at JD Corvette - they made no promises - but they did manage to tighten it up to the point of only the smallest smallest hint of an air leak. This was on the drivers side of course... the passenger side adjusted perfectly the first time. JD said the condition of the weather stripping makes difference too.

I guess a clue would be that JD managed to close the gap along the back edge at the expense of being super tight along the top - but i ain't complaining.

Originally Posted by Ike27
Hi all.

I have a 76.. and the AIM. I have read the procedure but I just cannot seem to close the gap between the upright and the rear drivers side of the glass.

I need to adjust the inward (Towards the Driver) tilt of the glass. The doors are aligned perfectly, the windows operate smoothly, I just cant get that damn gap any closer. I removed the roof panel and the gap was the same.

Any and all help much appreciated.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Ike27
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed that when I replaced the original weather stripping the drivers side was the only one that did not appear factory (Riveted from the outside) and much more adhesive was used.

I called the original owner and he said the car always had drivers side wind noise since the day he picked it up (Also a Tach that read +/- 1k high). The dealer replaced the vertical window seal years ago in an attempt to fix it but never quite closed it.

It adds character I guess!

Get notified of new replies

To Window help needed

Quick Reply: Window help needed