Sponsored by:

Car covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:49 PM
cfish04
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car covers

I finally took the leap and got my 1st corvette. A silver '79 L82. Now I'm looking for a cover. It will be garage kept and I don't plan on taking it out with a threat of bad weather. But I might just get an indoor/outdoor cover just in case. Anyone have any recommendations for covers? I've read some pretty bad reviews about certain ones. Figured I'd ask people who have one what they'd thought.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Lakeside49
Burning Brakes

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

I posted the same question to the forum a few months ago. Many different opinions from our C3 brethren. California covers have a following but it didn't do much for me personally - they offer to remove their prominent advertising logo from the center of the cover... provided you pay them more and they're already at quite a premium. I was a little insulted by their scheme. It's much about your budget. I had the same basic indoor (mostly)/outdoor requirements as you. My budget was a little over $220. I spent more time than I will admit researching C3 covers on the Internet - its boggling - and I spent over an hour looking at each and every (260 stored cars/trucks) cover at my large winter storage warehouse one Saturday morning. Over the winter I then placed three different orders. They all looked good, had good reviews. And, were crap quality/fit. All three went back because their defects in fit were amazing - all Chinese made and often an attempt to fit more than the C3 which is impossible because of its unique lines - and, let me tell you, returning each of them costs $23.00 and requires a custom box.
Based on a couple that stood out at the classic car storage facility I landed on the "Sun Forger" canvas product. It is not made of canvas in the sense of a tent - it looks/feels close to a Carhart outdoor suit, although it is treated for outdoor protection. I sprayed it with clear 3M fabric protector, as well. You can Google it. I can't say the name of the non-forum vendor (Paragon) so Google it for yourself. But, the thicker fabric weight than all the others, the richly thick inner flannel lining, darker tan color and nearly flawless, C3 form fitting style sold me. The elastic around the perimeter is actually a quality, small bungee-cord versus cheaper, small elastic bands on the others - if not just a draw string. I could not be happier with the value and quality having optimistically tried others, but I don't understand why they are so hard to find from our, normally outstanding C3 vendors.

Dave

Last edited by Lakeside49; 05-01-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Patro46
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

After reading tons of reviews, I ended up going with the Noah car cover. Fit and finish is stellar, plus it offers protection from elements as well, even though it's garage kept. It might cost a bit more, but you don't have to look back in regret. Just my thoughts
Old 05-01-2015, 10:51 AM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 453 Likes on 268 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Patro46
After reading tons of reviews, I ended up going with the Noah car cover. Fit and finish is stellar, plus it offers protection from elements as well, even though it's garage kept. It might cost a bit more, but you don't have to look back in regret. Just my thoughts

I concur ............... love mine / no issues / great fit, except no hole for my antenna !

Get notified of new replies

To Car covers

Quick Reply: Car covers