Sponsored by:

Rubber gas hose

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Rubber gas hose

Can anyone tell me if there is a better grade rubber gas hose ten the crap they sell at Advance Auto parts? I am looking for a 3/8" hose to install between my carb and steel line. TIA.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:04 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Cooper
Can anyone tell me if there is a better grade rubber gas hose ten the crap they sell at Advance Auto parts? I am looking for a 3/8" hose to install between my carb and steel line. TIA.
The teflon lined stuff is much better, but you shouldn't have any rubber between the fuel pump and carb.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rcread
The teflon lined stuff is much better, but you shouldn't have any rubber between the fuel pump and carb.
rcread,
Thanks, I found some hydraulic hose at NAPA that is used for gas line. I just need to use it to get the car running around the yard until I can get back under the car and replace the line from the pump to the carb with steel line. Still healing from hernia surgery and cannot get under the car yet. Hopefully it will not be too much longer, because I just turned 70 and don't know how much longer I will be able to crawl under car.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:06 PM
keithinspace
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Check out Aeroquip Push-on Hose. It is wicked mean stuff...what is required for use on airplanes.

It comes in black and blue (I use black).

If you convert to AN6 fittings, you can make your entire system REALLY cool looking and able to remove components without fiddling with clamps and pulling hoses apart.

I went this way on the pressure side of my fuel pump and haven't regretted it.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:28 PM
74Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by keithinspace
Check out Aeroquip Push-on Hose. It is wicked mean stuff...what is required for use on airplanes.

It comes in black and blue (I use black).

If you convert to AN6 fittings, you can make your entire system REALLY cool looking and able to remove components without fiddling with clamps and pulling hoses apart.

I went this way on the pressure side of my fuel pump and haven't regretted it.
Do you have any pictures of this fuel setup in "Bella"?
Old 05-21-2015, 10:19 PM
keithinspace
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 74Ken
Do you have any pictures of this fuel setup in "Bella"?
These probably aren't the absolute best pictures in the world, but I hope they show what you'd like to see. I'm about to cut in a fuel filter right where my fuel line makes the turn to the fuel feed. This will clean up this bend. I got a black billet fuel filter and black AN6 fittings, so it will all blend in nicely.

Apologies for the ghetto heater block-off. I had a leak in my heater coil, but do plan on reinstalling the heater, so I didn't want to remove the feed from my intake. It's a little Bubba, I know.

I appreciate having the fittings and the flexible fuel feed. I'm always fiddling with the jets, so I can just unscrew the feed from the front or back bowl and leave the other connected. Or I can take the feed line loose from the pump and take the carb off easily. I don't have to struggle with prying the hose off or worrying about the condition of the end of the line.

My next door neighbor's Mustang went up in flames partially because he's an idiot and partially because I know he didn't pay enough attention to keeping the pressure-side of his fuel system in good order. One fuel leak onto the headers is all she wrote. I love the "certainty" of the AN6 fittings.

Get notified of new replies

To Rubber gas hose

Quick Reply: Rubber gas hose