Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 TT Corvette... Lets see how far i can get by Summer

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 10:30 AM
iandm
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can someone get me some real dimmensions off their c3?mines not weighted down so numbers are off . Looking for center of driveshaft to ground and rear body mount to ground .
Old 12-03-2015, 04:39 PM
BoostedC3
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by iandm
Please do and if you know anyone interested in bs3 let me know. The guy i bouht from did some dumb stuff including buying the bs3. I think cylender control is what people like about bs3 but thats overkill
you have individual cylinder sequential tuning in MS3 pro also.

Last edited by BoostedC3; 12-03-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:39 PM
iandm
Racer

Getting close to 1000 views. Thanks for those who are checking the build out. Updates tommorow. Pretty overwhelmed at this point
Old 12-05-2015, 07:14 AM
Gweesh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting close to 1000 views. Thanks for those who are checking the build out. Updates tommorow. Pretty overwhelmed at this point
I've been overwhelmed at different points so far. I just took a couple days off from working/researching/anything to do with the vette, and focused on something else, reminded myself that it's supposed to be enjoyable, I have no deadline (even though I'm impatient), and just worry about the one thing that I'm working on right now... I'll have plenty of time to worry about the next step when I get there.
Breathe...

HTH... You're making incredible progress, I have no doubt that you'll be able to handle this project.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:31 PM
iandm
Racer

well as someone told me it was like someone dropped me off in the ocean to learn how to swim when i started the body off resto. Then i went and bought the parts car and thats like seeing a boat and swimming towards it away from land in hopes that it will be a better path haha

I get overwhelmed because i stress that something will be overlooked or missed and i take mores steps back. Once the engine fires up ill be overjoyed and relieved. The forum helps keep my spirits up
Old 12-05-2015, 02:20 PM
iandm
Racer

Heres update from last week i believe. Starter came but not sure how to tell if its aligned with bellhousing on ?? I used an allen key to find my TDC since the dished pistons wouldnt hit a normal stop. Painted balancer.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Gweesh
Instructor

Its easier to say if I'm here, but no big deal if you have to take a couple steps back... don't imagine a deadline that isn't there.

That being said, I do the same. Have to remind myself all the time.

What trans you using? Where'd you get it? Do you have any plans for body/interior at this point?
Old 12-05-2015, 07:38 PM
iandm
Racer

bought the 79 car from macon with the engine trans and most of major accessories but the little things to finish are expensive. Its a tko600.

Body plans at the moment....By looking at the cost of the chassis components ill be happy to have a bucket to sit on and a steering wheel haha. Not kidding but if the money is there i think i will try to do full custom interior to look close to a c6 but who knows its a long way. Fender flares are another option im toying with.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:21 PM
iandm
Racer

If anyone viewing this may need rear spring rear bilstens and struts let me know. Those are VBP only used for mock up.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:48 PM
iandm
Racer

had a final today and calc 2 in the morning then its off to the shop to get fuel lines ready and electrical. Thinking im gonna buy a Msd Crank distributor because that Proform doesnt fit in with all the other Msd stuff.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:51 PM
iandm
Racer

QUESTION???? WHats the big hole in the heads for above starter???? Do i plug it?
Old 12-09-2015, 03:32 PM
iandm
Racer

Hope everyone is enjoying keeping up with the build. I assure you the fun stuff is coming soon. Keep an eye out for update tonight
Old 12-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,365 Likes on 3,953 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Cool!!!
Old 12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
iandm
Racer

ALright heres the ****** distributor but it should work or ill get the MSD CRank distributor. Installed my an fittings. A side note is if anyone plans on a fuel pump set up plan to spend the same on fittings and hose/ tube as the filters and pump. I tried to find the cheap ones but it still was expensive. THat hose is over 100$. Plugged a bunch of holes that i really dont know if i need them haha. Timing tape installed and at TDC. Have to follow the Big Stuff instructions to set distributor.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:48 PM
iandm
Racer

This is two nights worth of stuff so its pretty long. Crank trigger on but have to change pickup bracket and mount pulley. Put radiator in to see how it looked and how tight fit is. My cheap headers installed but welded the elbow to far out. i may can cut shorter and mount turbo to clear everything. Changed wastegate spring to low psi. Didnt know they came 15 from the factory so i tried to take apart without press and that was dumb. Stripped one hole but its fixed now. Radiator hoses in and i dont know why i thought the straight thermostat would work. Oh well ill change it. Made mock up firewall to mount electronics.

DOES THE LOWER RADIATOR HOSE LOOK RIGHT???

Old 12-14-2015, 05:54 AM
High Altitude Vette
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Lots of progress going on there!
Gary
Old 12-14-2015, 04:26 PM
iandm
Racer

Thanks wallet hurting and brain because i cant figure out rear end situation. jan 10 is the date for engine run!

Get notified of new replies

To 77 TT Corvette... Lets see how far i can get by Summer

Old 12-15-2015, 04:33 AM
Gweesh
Instructor

Thanks wallet hurting and brain because i cant figure out rear end situation. jan 10 is the date for engine run!

Looks great. Even more jealous.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:27 AM
iandm
Racer

Haha dont be its too much stress and work. The dang turbo piping is crazy high. I paid 60$ for simple drain fittings . Looking at exaust flanges pipe and carb hat. Dont want to spend 200$ on hat and change plans later so may have one built by friend
Old 12-16-2015, 11:17 AM
iandm
Racer

Heading out to shop tonight to make up for not getting enough done sunday. Hope to have fuel lines done and ready for test. Distributor done and set to ecu position. Most wiring finished and tested. Big list but needs to be done so i can bring fuel on saturday and test for leaks.

Quick Reply: 77 TT Corvette... Lets see how far i can get by Summer