Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuse panel on 72 vett

Old 12-19-2015, 10:04 PM
ruken
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuse panel on 72 vett

Is it possible to remove the fuse panel and make a repair? There is no battery on the 5 amp fuse that feeds the lights.
ruken
Old 12-19-2015, 11:54 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Earth to Ruken...come in Ruken....lol.

You're in the ask tadge forum...you need to post this in the C3 section. JVP ain't gonna like this...
Old 12-20-2015, 07:50 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Did you check the fuse marked "tail"? That's where the voltage comes from for the instr lamp 5 amp fuse. If the tail lamp fuse blows, you won't have either tail lamps or voltage to the inst fuse, therefore no instr lights.
The following users liked this post:
ruken (12-20-2015)
Old 12-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by ruken
...Is it possible to remove the fuse panel and make a repair?...
Not easily. It's part of the main dash harness. You could unplug the two harnesses on the under hood side, then remove the retaining screws on the interior side to gain a bit of access to the back of it. You can expect to deal with a gop of factory sealant.

The following users liked this post:
ruken (12-20-2015)
Old 12-20-2015, 07:42 PM
ruken
Intermediate

Default fuse panel

Originally Posted by RC000E
Earth to Ruken...come in Ruken....lol.

You're in the ask tadge forum...you need to post this in the C3 section. JVP ain't gonna like this...
Sorry about that, I will try to do better
ruken
Old 12-20-2015, 07:45 PM
ruken
Intermediate

Default fuse panel

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Not easily. It's part of the main dash harness. You could unplug the two harnesses on the under hood side, then remove the retaining screws on the interior side to gain a bit of access to the back of it. You can expect to deal with a gop of factory sealant.

I shook the wiring on the under the hood connector. Now I have battery on the 5 am fuse. Looks like something in that area. Not a pretty sight. Thanks!

ruken
Old 12-23-2015, 07:14 PM
ruken
Intermediate

Default fuse panel

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
Did you check the fuse marked "tail"? That's where the voltage comes from for the instr lamp 5 amp fuse. If the tail lamp fuse blows, you won't have either tail lamps or voltage to the inst fuse, therefore no instr lights.

When I turn the light switch on, I have power on the five(5) amp fuse. Is that normal? The way the folks had the radio connected, it does not come on until the lights are turned on. The radio has three leads( Battery, Gnd, ignition). Should I just feed the radio from another battery source?

ruken
Old 12-23-2015, 07:26 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

When I turn the light switch on, I have power on the five(5) amp fuse. Is that normal? The way the folks had the radio connected, it does not come on until the lights are turned on. The radio has three leads( Battery, Gnd, ignition). Should I just feed the radio from another battery source?

ruken
The power to the 5a fuse should be there when you turn the lights on only, it feeds the instrument lights. Must be an aftermarket radio with memory/clock functions. The lead marked battery should be connected where it's always 12v, and the ignition should be connected where the 12v is only there with the key (ignition) on.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:49 PM
ruken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
The power to the 5a fuse should be there when you turn the lights on only, it feeds the instrument lights. Must be an aftermarket radio with memory/clock functions. The lead marked battery should be connected where it's always 12v, and the ignition should be connected where the 12v is only there with the key (ignition) on.
Thanks for the quick reply. The ignition wire on the radio is connected to one of the gray wires that is fed by the five amp fuse. I will correct that. Thanks again!
ruken
Old 12-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

...The ignition wire on the radio is connected to one of the gray wires that is fed by the five amp fuse...
Gray indicates illumination. A PO is using the light circuit to power the stereo.

Get notified of new replies

To fuse panel on 72 vett

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuse panel on 72 vett