Sponsored by:

Front 3 piece Spolier

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Bjax
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front 3 piece Spolier

Has anyone ever ordered one of the "Pace Car" type front spoilers for the 78-82 C3s? I swear, I've ordered and cancelled twice because in both cases (after they charged my card) I was told 6-8 weeks before it ships! What gives? Are these things drop shipped from the far reaches of China? ....and yes I order a third time from a different vendor and I've been waiting since early April! This is probably more of a vent than anything else....but was wondering if anyone had the same experience?
Old 05-06-2016, 11:36 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,316 Posts

Are you looking for the OEM style urethane, or the fiberglass repro, not that it makes much difference.

Normally parts like the spoiler, are made to order, and often take time to get. Be glad you're not looking for a press molded body panel from Sermershiem's, because that could take three months!

The reason they charge your card up front, is because it's a special order. It's not something most vendors want to stock, because it's not a big mover and doesn't have much profit in it, if you have to eat it.

Your situation isn't really all that uncommon. I paid $900 for a reproduction 69 Camaro Harrison radiator in January, and I don't expect to see it for another week!
Old 05-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Bjax
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gbvette62
Are you looking for the OEM style urethane, or the fiberglass repro, not that it makes much difference.

Normally parts like the spoiler, are made to order, and often take time to get. Be glad you're not looking for a press molded body panel from Sermershiem's, because that could take three months!

The reason they charge your card up front, is because it's a special order. It's not something most vendors want to stock, because it's not a big mover and doesn't have much profit in it, if you have to eat it.

Your situation isn't really all that uncommon. I paid $900 for a reproduction 69 Camaro Harrison radiator in January, and I don't expect to see it for another week!

pretty much what I expected....its the urethane type. Guess I got spoiled on other parts I've ordered and got within a week!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:28 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I case anyone searching comes across this thread, I ordered my urethane pace car spoiler right after Christmas, and it finally came in today, so apparently, backorders are the norm as stated above.

Get notified of new replies

To Front 3 piece Spolier

Quick Reply: Front 3 piece Spolier