C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 power window regulator not clearing motor-Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:04 PM
TaiChiGuy
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 71 power window regulator not clearing motor-Help!

The back of the new front regulator roller is not clearing the driver side power motor rear screw head. It hits the screw head and stops on the way up. I can apply pressure so that the window can continue to go up but stil clearly bumps the screw head. Help!

Background: the power window wasn't working right when I got the car. It would struggle going up/down, vibrate, and noisy. When I opened up the door panel, both vertical tracks were loose and missing the bottom mounting screws. The regulator was held in with only two bolts, and loose. The front roller, spacer, hardware, etc. that mounts on the window were found loose inside the door. The motor was attached to the regulator by one only one screw, the other two not to be found. The regulator does not match in construction the replacement ones I see online/catalogs-though it seems to be similar in layout and the layout is comparable to the replacement I installed. The regulator I took out had a worn /striped gear and a "half gear" replacement was not viable. Also some of the rollers had end play. So a new regulator was installed andmissing screws replaced. The regulator is not clearing one of the previously missing motor screws by at least an 1/8". It looks like it'll clear if I remove the offending screw. I have the window close to adjusted, but haven't found any adjustment to increase clearance as the roller passes the motor. Help!

Btw, I wouldn't assume the assembly as is ever worked right or all the parts correct and present. Although the window says Astro Ventilation, I have no idea if it's a correct fit.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:44 AM
TaiChiGuy
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ttt

Quick Reply: 71 power window regulator not clearing motor-Help!