Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner fender differences?

Old 06-10-2017, 08:53 AM
kaervek71
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Inner fender differences?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the front inner fenders on a 1978 and a 1982? I have a '78 and need to replace my inner fenders (don't have them at all) and I've found a pair from an '82 locally. I've looked up images to compare between the '78 and '82 inner fenders and I honestly can't see the difference, yet vendors have them listed separately, indicating to me they are different somehow.

I'm not at all concerned with the difference in appearance between the two years, but more of the fitment. A lot of the original parts to my '78 are long gone as the car was gutted and turned into a drag car for several years and I'm putting it back to make it more of a street-rod.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

80-82 skirts are trimmed along the front lower edges to accommodate the 80-82 front impact bumper and bumper cover. My advice is to use 78-79 skirts on your car.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:09 PM
kaervek71
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'm glad I didn't call about them and waste my money. I'll just stick with the '78 - '79 inner fenders and wait til I find the right deal on those, not really in a hurry for them yet anyways

Get notified of new replies

To Inner fender differences?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inner fender differences?