Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upside down on 69 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Carl M
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. To Oldcarbum, I have some photos , just a few snaps taken before it was towed to my home. Like I said I haven't turned it on since it arrived in November and I need to move it outside for good photos. I will do this soon. I need to get some plates on this beast first. In PA the choice is Classic vs. Antique. Antique means no annual inspection required. Haggerty insurance is for 300 mi. per year, too. You guys have made me feel better about things. I'm thinking I should have the headers taken off and a more "normal" exhaust to the rear installed. I plan to take some good pictures soon and post so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I value your opinions and want to get your thoughts before I do anything else. Stay tuned and thanks again.

Carl M.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:22 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 600 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl M
Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. To Oldcarbum, I have some photos , just a few snaps taken before it was towed to my home. Like I said I haven't turned it on since it arrived in November and I need to move it outside for good photos. I will do this soon. I need to get some plates on this beast first. In PA the choice is Classic vs. Antique. Antique means no annual inspection required. Haggerty insurance is for 300 mi. per year, too. You guys have made me feel better about things. I'm thinking I should have the headers taken off and a more "normal" exhaust to the rear installed. I plan to take some good pictures soon and post so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I value your opinions and want to get your thoughts before I do anything else. Stay tuned and thanks again.

Carl M.
If you have side pipes and they did it right and filled the rear valance just go with a quieter side pipe muffler.

I have a 496 with headers and the Corvette Central Magnaflow exhaust. The wife and I can talk at a normal volume and hear each other just fine.

Now go drive the beast.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:23 PM
LinC3
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Drive the car and enjoy it forget about the money. You built it to bring back the good ole days, so sit in it and turn the key and you'll be 17 again. Let the fun begin.

Last edited by LinC3; 07-21-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,421 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Pennsylvania

Originally Posted by Carl M

Carl M.
You said Pennsylvania, and it makes me ask who was the professional shop....cause if you are near Pittsburgh, I can only hope its not the shop in Irwin....the guy is a crook and has taken advantage of many people in Western PA. PM me if you want to.

Last edited by Torqued Off; 07-21-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:24 PM
brent319
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 139 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C3 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

I would personally keep the side pipes and make them not as loud. Easily solved in the scope of what you have had done to the car.
Did you really mean 300 miles a year or 3,000? I have 3000 miles a year and have to watch that. I have put 500 miles on my car in one day four different times. Two more coming up.
We would all like to see some photos when you get a chance.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:36 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

To be upside down means you owe more on a loan than the car is worth. It doesn't mean that you've spent more on a car than it's worth. A vast majority of enthusiast car owners have spent more on their car than what it is worth. Keep improving it to fit your needs and drive it. That is the best way to get the most bang for your buck.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:16 AM
rajin cajin
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Another option I have not seen mentioned. Four things that have trade value to men. Corvettes, Bikes, Boats and Guns. Trade it for a 6 figure Searay and hit the water or for a Ferrari. Always people out there looking to trade high end items. Just another option to consider.

Quick Reply: Upside down on 69 Corvette