Sponsored by:

1980 4 spd. car

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 12:29 PM
acorvetkid
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acorvetkid
guy called. Me back...he will take 1000$ so what you all think...ya or nay ?
Originally Posted by Bikespace
As a parts car, or a restomod body, maybe. If the engine runs, it has good aluminum wheels, and glass T-tops, you would come out ahead parting it out. Keep the manual parts, and swap them into a nice driver auto at the $10K price point. Be sure to park it somewhere that the flatbed can haul it away.

If the body is good, are you willing to re-frame it, and do you have a garage with two open bays? You can buy new frames, and dump a ton of cash into a sweet restomod. It'll never be worth more than half what you spend, though.

Also, make sure the manual is original to the car. Assuming the engine matches the VIN, the three letter engine code will tell you if it came with a manual.

If you just want a cool car to drive, look elsewhere. This will be a major project.
engine has a miss like collapsed lifter. No rims. A turd. Just thought I could part it out and make a few bucks and have a Corvette yard ornament.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:34 PM
acorvetkid
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engine has a miss like collapsed lifter. No rims. A turd. Just thought I could part it out and make a few bucks and have a Corvette yard ornament.
and one t top has a crack.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:38 AM
bazza77
Melting Slicks

Received 599 Likes on 533 Posts

As bikespace says , it will be a MAJOR project , if you have the time, space and literally buckets of cash lying around and you know what your doing .............then find something better to start with. Keep looking and you will find one with little (surface only) rust and that's a mile in front of the one you have described
Old 10-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

If you have the space, tools, knowledge and $$$$ to take this on a $1000 is not a bad deal. You could make that back in parts alone.

Quick Reply: 1980 4 spd. car