Decision, decisions

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 04:56 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Default Decision, decisions

OK, I am seriously in the market for a C2 coupe. I have never owned a C2 and I figured it was time. I am after a high end car that basically needs nothing, and I expect to pay for that.

I have owned many C1 and C2 (and even a C4 and a C5 ) Corvette, but never a C2.

I have looked at a number of C2 coupes, and something was always lacking. But, I am now looking at a 64 that is very nice, and meets almost all of my needs. (I will have to add aftermarket A/C). The price is reasonable.

Now here is the delimma. I have had a serious love affair with Ferrari Daytona replicas almost as long as I can remember. Can't afford the real thing, and don't want the headaches of Ferrari maintenance.

Now Corvette C3 maintenance I can handle. There are a number of the kits on the market these days, and they are priced about 1/2 of what the 64 will cost.

Resale isn't a factor (well, not a big factor anyway), and I have noticed that these Daytona replicas (at least the real nicely done ones) seem to hold their value well.

The Daytona replica that I would want must have top quality exterior panel fit, paint, and a correct Ferrari replica interior. Also, it cannot be yellow, since my 2004 convertible is yellow. Red or black exterior with a saddle interior, and all of the options. I am also OK with an automatic trans.

I can't afford both (at least not at the moment). If my wife would let me sell the 2004 Convertible I might be able to swing it, but she is adamant about that.

Decisions, decisions....
Old 10-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,732 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Had a couple C2's - but they were verts- a lot easier to work on than a C3- and AC for a coupe would be a must!

I like the replicas too-

Last week while driving up to Road Atlanta- My buddy had it sitting out as we drove by-my wife even responded with "what was that?!!! WOW I like that."

Here's my buddy's-

Old 10-10-2017, 09:10 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

To have a big stack of toad pelts and not know how to spend them, what a hurdle.

I never much liked the daytona kit car ahem, replica, just doesnt do it for me,

I loved my 66 but it was flared and modded and looked like a grand sport, sort of,

So i wouldnt want a stock c2 either,

but if these were my options i would hunt down an old custom ish c2 convertible a must, i think i would like that even better than my 69,

No one should care what i like or dont like, no one here can or should be able to tell you what appeals to you the most, this is about what YOU want.

Get notified of new replies

To Decision, decisions

Quick Reply: Decision, decisions