How "WIDE" Can I Go

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 03:22 PM
Alex66
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by navygunr001

Hello Fello Vette Heads

I am at the end of a 5-month frame off restoration. I am building my "Bucket List" ride. 1974 Corvette, 383 Stroker, Turbo 400 Trans, Possy 335 Rear Gears, 150lb NOS, Mr. Gasket Breather coming out of the hood, Hooker Header 4 inch chrome headers with the side pipes. She is a beautiful burgundy color and I am doing a custom black and red interior.

My next step is the body. I am located in Los Angeles and I have a very well-known and respected Corvette Shop that is going to custom build my wheel flares for me. "J &D Corvette". My question is this, if I decide to go with offset rear trailing arms and 18-inch tall rims how wide of a rear tire can I go with that will fill the wheel well and look bad ***, and what should the spacing be 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 inches. I have seen photos of a 335/30/18 on an 18 x 12 wheel but I don't know if that is the most room available. Any thoughts or advise?

This is the car before I started.

This is the car before I started.

This is the motor in it last stages before completion.

Cool Car! What wheel / tire size are on the car front and rear in These "before" Pictures when you had just purchased the car? I like it

Quick Reply: How "WIDE" Can I Go