C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have experience buying from Classic car deals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 10:56 AM
exposingtime
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

Default Does anyone have experience buying from Classic car deals?

Looking for feedback.

I am interested in a 69 camaro that a private seller has listed on classic car deals. I sent an email and a few days later hadn't heard back so I called the number listed on the ad.

The way this website works, you are contacting the seller through a "salesman" that goes back to the seller to answer your questions. They then set up a conference call with you, the seller, and the salesman. 3 days worth of back and forth so far and I only have a few extra photos and answers to about half of my questions. I do not have the sellers info and I do not know where the car is located. I feel like I could have already flown to look at the car (and possibly buy) if I had been directly in touch with the seller. Website likely does this so they don't get screwed out of a commission.

Any thoughts? I have already searched vin, car is not listed for sale anywhere else. I am slightly annoyed with this process. I first emailed about this car last Thursday.

Gary
Old 01-11-2018, 11:14 AM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

check nearest car clubs
check out companies that specialize in certain makes and models(sell, restore, parts)

buyer needs to REALLY beware when it comes to be these cars.
All that glitters is not gold.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have experience buying from Classic car deals?