Sponsored by:

Simple Cheap High Tech Sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Grover 3
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Simple Cheap High Tech Sound

If you want simple cheap sound in your car and have music on your mobile phone and blue tooth you could do what I did and get a $50 blue tooth amp and wire it to your front speakers. I purchased a pair of $35 speakers (Here is the Link to what I bought) and replaced my originals in the dash, I had to remove the rubber around the magnet and make a 3/8 spacer (the tweeter is tall) and drill holes to match the old ones. (
Here is a link to the blue tooth amp I bought Here is a link to the blue tooth amp I bought
) and I put it in my center compartment, wired directly to my battery and ran the radio power wire to the switched wire on the new amp. I use my IPhone to control the volume and plan to put a small speaker box way in the back. Works great and I don't have any static! My siriusXM radio app works great and best of all no bubba effect to the car.

Last edited by Grover 3; 01-15-2018 at 10:38 PM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
Rescue Rogers (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 06:48 AM
Dynra Rockets
Burning Brakes

Received 236 Likes on 200 Posts

Before I replaced my whole radio with a Retrosound last year I used one of those AUX input devices that inserts into the antenna cable. I think I recall it was $85 but that was several years ago when the technology was new?
Old 01-16-2018, 08:46 AM
pigfarmer
Burning Brakes

Received 295 Likes on 158 Posts

Great idea - been thinking about something like that a while.

I actually kind of like the old radio and kick panel speakers for nostalgia so I'd stick to some sort of low box behind me under the folded down convertible top.

Get notified of new replies

To Simple Cheap High Tech Sound

Quick Reply: Simple Cheap High Tech Sound