Sponsored by:

Need help identifying 1970 steering column part

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 06:17 PM
Sunset Orng 05
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Need help identifying 1970 steering column part

After cleaning, painting and greasing the standard steering column from my 1970 coupe I have an issue that I need help with. I took photos as I disassembled the column but I can't seem to locate where this part goes. Can anyone help (Attn: Jim Shea).

I have a few schematics from different sources (including the AIM) but I can't seem to make out this part in any of them. Thanks to everyone in advance for your assistance.

Mike
Old 01-20-2018, 06:18 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Looks like the inner race for the upper mast jacket bearing by the shape. I don't recall ever seeing one made of nylon or any composite material before.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:51 PM
corvgreg
Emerging Vendor

Received 108 Likes on 82 Posts

I think it may go against the backdrive tube where the spring goes between that and the bearing assembly at the bottom of the column.

QUOTE=Sunset Orng 05;1596417492]After cleaning, painting and greasing the standard steering column from my 1970 coupe I have an issue that I need help with. I took photos as I disassembled the column but I can't seem to locate where this part goes. Can anyone help (Attn: Jim Shea).

I have a few schematics from different sources (including the AIM) but I can't seem to make out this part in any of them. Thanks to everyone in advance for your assistance.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Get notified of new replies

To Need help identifying 1970 steering column part

Quick Reply: Need help identifying 1970 steering column part