C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1982 Paint Haze

Old 06-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Tslayer66

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1982 Paint Haze

Recently purchased a 1982 silver blue over dark blue. The silver blue has a haze as you can see in the pic. Hand working rubbing compound and polish seems to be helping but slow and not dramatic improvements. Any products or suggestions from some of you experts? Long term plan is new paint but that' a few years down the road.
You can see the top of the spoiler is where i have been polishing by hand
Old 06-05-2018, 10:15 PM
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 792 Times in 725 Posts

It's looking better......a low-speed buffer might improve the results/save your forearms.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:24 PM
Black4speed
CF Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tslayer66 View Post
Recently purchased a 1982 silver blue over dark blue. The silver blue has a haze as you can see in the pic. Hand working rubbing compound and polish seems to be helping but slow and not dramatic improvements. Any products or suggestions from some of you experts? Long term plan is new paint but that' a few years down the road.
You can see the top of the spoiler is where i have been polishing by hand
Sonax. Google it it's amazing.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:32 PM
garrettb
CF Senior Member

Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts

Excellent choice. We have the same car! As has been suggested, an electric polisher would be the best investment, but if the clear coat is gone/wearing thin, not much can be done. I'm in the same boat. Paint is in my future, but I am just enjoying using the car for now. Post pictures of the rest of the car if you are able!
Old 06-05-2018, 10:35 PM
JoeMinnesota
CF Senior Member

Liked 120 Times in 106 Posts

Invest in a buffer. Try Meguiers cleaner paste wax and if that doesn't work you can go to a light buffing compound and then back out with a second round with the paste wax. Works well to buff and apply with machine and then remove by hand with soft towels or rags. Use an old toothbrush along with an air gun to get the wax out of your gaps, trim, emblems and lights after the wax dries well. You'll have good driver paint before you know it. Reds and silver tend to lose their luster but respond to rubouts well.

Last edited by JoeMinnesota; 06-05-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1982 Paint Haze

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: