Sponsored by:

Joe72

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Joe72
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe72 Seat adjuster

Would someone be able to instruct me on how to separate the two parts of a passenger side seat adjuster in a 1972?
Thanks.

Last edited by Joe72; 08-20-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: no header
Old 08-21-2018, 07:53 AM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,136 Likes on 2,069 Posts

If you mean separate the top part that bolts to the seat from the bottom that bolts to the floor it's not that simple as they are "staked" together to prevent them from coming apart.

If your just trying to clean them, there's some good tips here
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...storation.html

David did an excellent write up of what's inside the tracks and how they work here
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-1-of-3-a.html

HIH
M
The following users liked this post:
Joe72 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 09:19 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Joe, in the future, consider titling your thread with a subject line that will cause other members to know what your topic/question is so they would have a reason to click on it.

i can change your title if you like.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:02 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default Been awhile, but I took mine apart,.....

Originally Posted by Joe72
Would someone be able to instruct me on how to separate the two parts of a passenger side seat adjuster in a 1972?
Thanks.
Been awhile and now the 68 Corvette is gone. I had to replace a couple of the feet on the base of the seat tracks because they rusted pretty bad where they sat on the carpet. You can buy new feet from one of the vendors, I want to remember ZIP or Corvette Central. So to replace the feet which are riveted into the rest of the track, you have to center punch and drill out the rivets holding the feet on each end. The new feet come with a little female hex head screw and nut to replace the rivet. After you drill out the rivets on each end holding the feet, you can take the track apart and clean it. There is a ball bearing inside the track that can fall out and be a super pain to find (on the floor of my shop anyway, ask me how I know). No need to cut the track up. I forgot exactly how to pull the carrier out with the big roller, but no big deal, if you play with it, pretty to easy to get it apart (hmmm,.... somebody put it together eh? and then riveted the feet on to hold it all together). Hope this helps and sorry I did not take pictures.
The following users liked this post:
Joe72 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 11:14 AM
Joe72
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Joe, in the future, consider titling your thread with a subject line that will cause other members to know what your topic/question is so they would have a reason to click on it.

i can change your title if you like.
Please do. New here and learning how to navigate. Thought I had a subject line when I typed my question but it didn't work out that way.

Get notified of new replies

To Joe72

Quick Reply: Joe72