Sponsored by:

Whitening BF Goodrich Tire Letters - Finally a Success

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Lakeside49
Burning Brakes

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
I have been using Meguiar's Gold Class Quik Wax on my tires for a couple of years now instead of greasing them up with dirt attracting tire dressing which yellows the lettering. Not to mention if you rub your pant leg on the tire walking by or worse, your wife does.... I haven't had to clean the lettering in about a year and they look like new. It seals the tires keeping the rubber black and the lettering white and attracts no dirt or dust. The big job is cleaning the tire and lettering the first time before you use the spray wax. Just spray it on, wipe of the excess and let it dry.
This "quick wax" is specifically designed for tires?? Wax is usually associated with paint protection.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:34 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeside49
This "quick wax" is specifically designed for tires?? Wax is usually associated with paint protection.
Yup, its the stuff for paint. It was never designed for tires but it just flat out works. It seals the tire keeping the black black and the white white and doesn't attract dirt or dust. I use it because the kid next door was over and asked if he could help so I gave him a bottle and told him to wax the rims. He sprayed the rims and tires with a bunch of it.... The Quik Wax is clear and doesn't leave any kind of haze when it dries either. Sounds crazy but it sure beats tire dressing. It won't clean the tires but it keeps them looking new far longer than anything else I've used. Now I just spray a little on after I've washed the car.

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 09-10-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:21 AM
starlinesusa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amen to that.

Brand new T/As... sad

Quick Reply: Whitening BF Goodrich Tire Letters - Finally a Success