Sponsored by:

Another LED Lighting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:41 AM
egypt123
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Another LED Lighting Thread

I have a '77 and I've swapped out my gauge cluster bulbs with LEDs. Major improvement! Now I want to do the speedo and tach. Does anyone have a write on how to get to these bulbs? I know I need to take the screws out and probably need to drop the steering column, but can I get to the bulb sockets without disconnecting the speedo and tach?

Also, I'm fairly new to the car and there is no light on the shift indicator (it's an automatic). I'm pretty sure there should be a light there. If so, how do I get to it? I removed both side panels to pull the gauge cluster, but can I get to the shift indicator bulb from there or do need to pull the shifter plate?? Both?? I can't find any info on how to get to this bulb.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2018, 12:13 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 598 Likes on 485 Posts

You just need to remove the screws that hold the console and remove the shift ****.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:23 PM
egypt123
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ddawson
You just need to remove the screws that hold the console and remove the shift ****.
Not sure I understand... I think you're telling me how to remove the whole center shift console. My question is, 1) in a '77, is there light bulb that illuminates the shifter position plate when the lights are on, and 2) if so, how do I get to/replace the bulb?

Get notified of new replies

To Another LED Lighting Thread

Quick Reply: Another LED Lighting Thread