Sponsored by:

NCRS judging and paint ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 06:52 AM
firstgenaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
They are a "Restoration" Society; so they are into 'restoration', rather than maintaining originality. In the NCRS world, a totally original car with undamaged but worn paint would not be appreciated as much as a new, 2-stage paint job at its first car show. Sorry, but that just makes no sense to me. (That is my opinion, thank you.)
Undamaged but worn?
Do you mean with lacquer checks or worn thin?
Lacquer checking can be made to appear less obvious from 5-10 feet, however they will always be present. (I recently cleaned and fixed the original paint ion a one family owned 1936 Ford which still has the orange peel and not a bit of cracking or checking (it is supposedly Soybean enamel, whatever it is it holds up MUCH better than the GM lacquer.

NCRS does have Bowtie awards for original never restored cars.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:24 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
They are a "Restoration" Society; so they are into 'restoration', rather than maintaining originality. In the NCRS world, a totally original car with undamaged but worn paint would not be appreciated as much as a new, 2-stage paint job at its first car show. Sorry, but that just makes no sense to me. (That is my opinion, thank you.)
What part of ORIGIONALTY & CONDITION don't you get. A 1967 totally origional Corvette with low miles & has been stored well would get more points than a body off restored or original one with a rusty frame ratty interior & original checked & wheeled to the primer paint. It would be the preferred Corvette to have if you want a NCRS type of Corvette.
I know of Corvettes that are Top Flight & 4 Bowtie awarded cars.

Last edited by kenba; 11-24-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Quick Reply: NCRS judging and paint ???