Sponsored by:

I have 2 problems c3 L82 automatic

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Longboarder120
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I have 2 problems c3 L82 automatic

Transmission is leaking oil from this grey or white hose shaped like an accordion, and my car it makes 3-5 tik noises coming from the front of the car for about 1sec when I floor it from a stop, and it doesn’t occur if I’m already going 10-20 km or higher, it wasn’t doing it yesterday when I floor it from a stop, I thought maybe it’s missing oil in the transmission, so I check, and it looks more the good but I did drive it for an hour so maybe it is missing some but every time I stick out an put it back it an take it out it still looks more then full, but I’m guessing maybe it’s just oil on the wall of the tubing idk. I’ll try to share a video or picture so you can see

here are some links, I couldn’t seem to share them I guess they are to big

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=VDPMzo28T7A

Last edited by Longboarder120; 05-12-2019 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Picture
Old 05-11-2019, 07:42 PM
bazza77
Melting Slicks

Received 599 Likes on 533 Posts

I think you need to copy the URL link to this forum
Old 05-12-2019, 12:03 AM
Longboarder120
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bazza77
I think you need to copy the URL link to this forum
Here you go

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDPMzo...=youtu.be+Edit

Old 05-12-2019, 05:53 PM
croaker
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

The accordion looking hose covers your shifter linkage. So your leak is probably a o-ring on the shaft that goes into the transmission. I thought that was my problem but turned out it was the oil pan.
The following users liked this post:
Longboarder120 (05-12-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Longboarder120
Intermediate

So the tik tik tik noise is the engine mount for the fan , it’s making the fan scrape up on the housing
Originally Posted by Longboarder120
Transmission is leaking oil from this grey or white hose shaped like an accordion, and my car it makes 3-5 tik noises coming from the front of the car for about 1sec when I floor it from a stop, and it doesn’t occur if I’m already going 10-20 km or higher, it wasn’t doing it yesterday when I floor it from a stop, I thought maybe it’s missing oil in the transmission, so I check, and it looks more the good but I did drive it for an hour so maybe it is missing some but every time I stick out an put it back it an take it out it still looks more then full, but I’m guessing maybe it’s just oil on the wall of the tubing idk. I’ll try to share a video or picture so you can see

here are some links, I couldn’t seem to share them I guess they are to big

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=PW-QorRoI5U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=VDPMzo28T7A
Old 05-16-2019, 06:38 PM
L-46man
Melting Slicks

Received 1,218 Likes on 844 Posts

Video is too dark to see anything, but here are some things to consider.

1. There is a large O'ring that surrounds the speedometer cable drive on the tranny....it's pretty hard to get to, but lift the car safely and you can see the speedometer drive.
2. The shift/ vacuum modulator also has a seal....I think YOU'RE calling it the oil filter....but the ATF filter is IN the pan.
3. Obviously, if the front main seal of the tranny was leaking you'd see it in that area.
4. Not trying to scare you but you're gonna have to DIVE for this one....take off the semi-circular inspection pan between the engine and the tranny over the flywheel area.
4.1 In an Automatic, this is not really a flywheel, its call the SWASHPLATE...it is the connector from the engine to the tranny. It also has the starter mating teeth on it.
4.2 Have a buddy rotate the engine by hand, as you check the swashplate mounting bolts for tightness.
4.3 The swashplate has 6 'webs' ofsolid metal....check all 6 for CRACKS.....this may be the 'ticking sound'

unkahal

Get notified of new replies

To I have 2 problems c3 L82 automatic

Quick Reply: I have 2 problems c3 L82 automatic