Sponsored by:

vacum hoses

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 09:02 AM
Danny Halperin
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vacum hoses

Hi I got an 81 Corvette vacuum hose is there two of them that go to the headlights that go on the side of the car by the driver side one small one one larger one the small one has no vacuum I noticed that it goes inside the firewall and it seems to be kind of disintegrated where it meets the firewall any suggestions?
How to replace it?
Old 05-16-2019, 11:57 AM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

see if this diagram helps
http://repairs.willcoxcorvette.com/1...atic-detailed/
Old 05-16-2019, 01:48 PM
Danny Halperin
Heel & Toe

Default vacum hose diagram

Originally Posted by MelWff
thanx man!
I'm still not sure if there's like a round rubber type plug in the firewall with the two vacuum hoses that go into it little of the left of the speedo cable coming out
Seems like a difficult area to fix or repair maybe you have to do it from the inside under the dash I'm not sure that could be the manual override but again the smaller hose has no vacuum and it looks deteriorated where it hits the round plug in the firewall
thanx

Last edited by Danny Halperin; 05-16-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:31 PM
Danny Halperin
Heel & Toe

Default grommet thru firewall

Originally Posted by Danny Halperin
thanx man!
I'm still not sure if there's like a round rubber type plug in the firewall with the two vacuum hoses that go into it little of the left of the speedo cable coming out
Seems like a difficult area to fix or repair maybe you have to do it from the inside under the dash I'm not sure that could be the manual override but again the smaller hose has no vacuum and it looks deteriorated where it hits the round plug in the firewall
thanx
Does anybody know what's inside The Grommet on the other side of the firewall?
Like if I try to pull that grommet out and I know I'm going to have to replace the two hoses I think I have I don't want to have to take the whole dash apart hopefully just the speedo tachometer or maybe the center console
thanx dan

Get notified of new replies

To vacum hoses

Quick Reply: vacum hoses