Sponsored by:

C3 Low Profile Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 03:25 PM
tscott8201
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C3 Low Profile Headlights

I'm trying to come up with a way to squeeze and inter cooler into the nose of my C3 along with the AC condenser and radiator. Obviously, the headlights take up the majority of the free space in the nose and I was thinking of ways to get this real estate back. I've considered relocating the lamps into the grill, but that puts them too low to be road legal. Also, I like the look of the headlight doors inset in the nose so I'd like to save that look vs blending them into the nose. Has anyone used LED light bars or similar to replace the stock lamps. My thinking is you could cut down the height of headlight assembly therefore reducing the depth into the nose they protrude. With the lights up you get a kind of squinted version of the existing lights.

Just kicking ideas around now, any help would be appreciated. Packaging a turbo/turbos seems pretty difficult in a C3. You'd think with that big *** nose you'd have more room under the hood.

Tom
Old 05-17-2019, 04:27 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,733 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Here's a couple ideas-

I had looked at the "Jewel" headlights used on the Acura-

"MDX Jewel Eyes"

Artist rendition-

Here's the 2019 Acura MDX- even smaller-

I did some clean up on my front end- electric headlights and moved the horns to the outside corners under the fenders-

Last edited by Richard454; 05-17-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply: C3 Low Profile Headlights