C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jammed door! Help!

Old 06-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Davoforty

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jammed door! Help!

Help! Just got the car I posted about! For some reason the passenger door is now stuck! I looked on the forums about the long screwdriver on the part but cant seem to find it. Is it near the windshield or the rear of the car? In the crevice towards the vehicle interiors or towards the outside? Thank you!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:52 PM
henrikse
CF Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 74 Posts

rear of car. Directly below door handle on back side
Old 06-08-2019, 07:06 AM
Davoforty

Originally Posted by henrikse View Post
rear of car. Directly below door handle on back side
Thank you! I rolled down the window and am looking at the rear of the car. I see nothing like what is supposed to be pictured there! Is it behind towards the seats or towards the outside of the door?

I am referring to this picture another member posted. Cant find it

!

Last edited by Davoforty; 06-08-2019 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Rescue Rogers
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 820 Likes on 727 Posts
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

thats inside the door, look in where the window rolled down into. That pic is of a door with the outer skin removed

Last edited by Rescue Rogers; 06-08-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Davoforty

Originally Posted by Rescue Rogers View Post
thats inside the door, look in where the window rolled down into. That pic is of a door with the outer skin removed
Great! Thank you. Am I able to get to it without the outer skin removed and fully intact? I want to get the door open and then take the door panel off to diagnose the problem. Is it possible to get the door panel off from the inside if not?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Rescue Rogers
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 820 Likes on 727 Posts
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Getting the inside door panel off without damagine it with the door closed would be near impossible. If you have the window down, then shine a flashlight down into the door, you may be able to see that tab that you have to push down with a long flat blade screw driver.

look through some of these videos. They show different parts of the door mechanism working and you may be able to pick up a few things on what to look for and what may be jammed on your door.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=opening+a+c3+corvette+door+with +a+screwdriver&FORM=HDRSC

Last edited by Rescue Rogers; 06-11-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 PM
Dirty Dalton
CF Senior Member

Received 122 Likes on 107 Posts

Not to belabor the obvious - might it be locked?
Old 06-12-2019, 12:05 AM
platinummaker
CF Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Davoforty View Post
Thank you! I rolled down the window and am looking at the rear of the car. I see nothing like what is supposed to be pictured there! Is it behind towards the seats or towards the outside of the door?

I am referring to this picture another member posted. Cant find it

!
Push the outer edge of the square piece down indicated by the tip of the arrow with a long screw driver. Done it several times recently to the point where I keep the screw driver with the jack.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:18 AM
Davoforty

Originally Posted by Rescue Rogers View Post
Getting the inside door panel off without damagine it with the door closed would be near impossible. If you have the window down, then shine a flashlight down into the door, you may be able to see that tab that you have to push down with a long flat blade screw driver.

look through some of these videos. They show different parts of the door mechanism working and you may be able to pick up a few things on what to look for and what may be jammed on your door.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=opening+a+c3+corvette+door+with +a+screwdriver&FORM=HDRSC
I checked out some videos on Youtube but I will definitely go through these. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Dirty Dalton View Post
Not to belabor the obvious - might it be locked?
It seems like it is definitely unlocked. I can actually hear the door unlocking and locking when I try to lock/unlock it both from the door panel and from the outside.

Originally Posted by platinummaker View Post
Push the outer edge of the square piece down indicated by the tip of the arrow with a long screw driver. Done it several times recently to the point where I keep the screw driver with the jack.
I used a flashlight and can't see that part. Another member posted about an outer skin so I wonder if mine is intact that I can't see the square piece to unlock the door! I am going to keep trying...how far down is that square piece? Maybe I am not looking in the right spot.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Davoforty

Just a follow up. I tried to take three pictures. Seems like there is a plastic shell covering the mechanics of the door where in would be able to use the screwdriver method. Don't think it will pop open that way since the skin is covering it. Any other methods? Hopefully these pictures help explain. Tried getting it open for 2 hours today!

Old 06-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Eliredandblack
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Try hitting the area with a heavy dose of WD40, it worked for another member who gave it two doses. Also your car may have a shield to prevent theft, can’t remember which years. If you are still locked, ask Ernie at Willcox, he knows everything there is about our cars. Good Luck, welcome to the world of old cars.
Eli
Old 06-12-2019, 08:47 PM
tutermoe

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I blasted mine with WD40 sat over night then it opened
took the door panel off then a sprayed everything done with lithium grease
Old 06-12-2019, 09:32 PM
henrikse
CF Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 74 Posts

Mine has a plastic rain guard over it. The tab you want to push down is in front of it. Plastic doesn't impede.It is a little metal flat tab that has a rod going from it. Push down while pulling door.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:35 PM
Davoforty

Got it!!! Thank you all for your help! Amazing when you have two functioning doors. Now time to get to the lock mechanism and see what's wrong.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jammed door! Help!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: