Sponsored by:

Round 2: New York

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 12:41 AM
BrianOz
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Round 2: New York

Hi all, I'm continuing my search for a nice C3 small block coupe and after a few false starts, I might have a decent prospect lined up in Long Island.
If any members on here would be willing and able to possibly go see a 1969 auto 350/300 coupe at short notice, now's the time to put your hand up!

Car is at a dealership/consignment/storage facility in New Hyde Park and if things move forward I'd be trying to co-ordinate a visit to line up with the dealer putting the car on a lift so the frame can be inspected for rust.
Obviously I'd be happy to cover your gas/tolls/etc.as well as something for your time.

If you think you might be able to help out, please get in touch by PM or posting in this thread ASAP.

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by BrianOz; 10-28-2020 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:20 AM
greg57
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

check your PM
Old 10-30-2020, 09:48 AM
frankcfalco
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 54 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Winner -- Modified

I can also help if you need. Also I purchased 2 Corvettes from upstate NY. MUCH better pricing. People on Long Island watch too much Barrett Jackson lol. Many are way overpriced.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:43 PM
BrianOz
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by frankcfalco
I can also help if you need. Also I purchased 2 Corvettes from upstate NY. MUCH better pricing. People on Long Island watch too much Barrett Jackson lol. Many are way overpriced.
Thanks Frank!

I agree with what you say about pricing, the dealers closer to NY city certainly want top dollar for their cars. Plus transport and car shipping is more expensive from NY as well.
Even if this car turns out to be a good one, there won't be a deal unless they're willing to lower their price expectations...

Cheers,
Brian

Get notified of new replies

To Round 2: New York

Quick Reply: Round 2: New York