Cranking up

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 08:51 AM
Golferdad
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 145 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Cranking up

Good Mourning,this is 1981 and have been doing a lot of things to this car since I bought it,it’s been down since last August,since then doing front suspension and redoing all the brakes,and also have torn the interior out dash included,I have all the wheels back on it and on the ground,I didn’t take off the shifter plate,but did take the neutral safety switch off,to check it out,and also during this time have replaced master cylinder and booster,which was a job,and also trying to clean some wires out that went to the ccc unit,but now I can’t get it to crank with key,I can take a crew driver and jump solenoid and turn it over,and I’m pretty sure that me messing with that neutral switch is the culprit since I did mess with it,and it cranked up fine when I parked it here,so can I hook something up temporarily so,I don’t have to jump solenoid,because I have to jack it up for that to get to it. Thanks
Old 02-29-2024, 10:26 AM
bonesbrakr
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 127 Posts

Jumper the connector for the neutral safety switch then start the car. If you are paranoid about accidentally starting it in gear then disconnect after starting.
The following users liked this post:
Golferdad (02-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Cranking up