Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange Coast Corvettes Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 11:24 PM
Dakota Slim
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Orange Coast Corvettes Question

Has anybody ever ordered any items from Orange Coast Corvettes in California? I ordered a 79 Dash pad from them at Carlisle in August and have not received it yet. They have been very friendly and keep telling me it will ship from the supplier, but I am begining to worry. My credit card was charged in September.
Old 11-17-2001, 09:57 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Orange Coast Corvettes Question (Dakota Slim)

I would call your credit card company and complain. Tell them the situation and let them deal with Orange Coast. I ordered from them 3 times and got the same results every time. If you stay on them long enough and complain enough you will get your parts, but don't expect it to necessarily happen in the first year. They are really friendly on the phone though. They just can't seem to get the parts to your door.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:34 PM
Z069L88
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second what Dalannex said. Orange Coast Corvettes is nice on the phone but can't get the items shipped even after they charged your credit card. It took several threats, and a call to the credit card company to get a refund for something they never shipped...two and half months later!! I lost several good summer weekends because they kept making promises and nothing got delivered. Part of their problem was, that they are using Chicago Corvette Supply which really, really sucks (that's another story). I never use them or Chicago Corvette Supply ever again. Go with Zip, Last detail, Paragon, Eckler's, or Gary (Gruhala Enterprises).
Old 11-22-2001, 05:06 PM
john25
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Orange Coast Corvettes Question (Z069L88)

Orange Coast Corvettes has been bought out. They are going through a change in ownership right now. I was there Tuesday and spoke to both the the previous owner and the new owner. I don't know any details about previous orders but in talking to the new owner he still intends to be in the parts aspect of the business. I have dealt with Rod and Joe at Orange Coast for years and they have always delivered as promised. I'll miss doing business with them, now I have to find someone else to take my business to.
Old 11-24-2001, 04:18 PM
wfbarto
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the message I just posted about this company. I found your inquiry after I posted when I did a search on Orange Coast. I hope that we can get our money back now that they have been bought out. Any ideas on how to proceed?

"I purchased a wheel/tire combo from these guys back in April of this year. Chrome ZR1 wheels with Falken tires. I waited two months for my order to show up and then the I found out that the wheels were out of round! I battled them for a month and a half by phone and e-mail before they agreed to take the defective wheels back. This was in the middle of July. Then they didn't ship me the rpelacement wheels until the middle of September. The replacement wheels seem to be okay for roundness although the chrome quality is not the best. I returned the defective wheels to them on Septmeber 24th and they still haven't credited my charge card back yet. I have called repeatedly and sent e-mails and I can't get an answer from them. I can't even get through to a real person to talk to anymore. Has anyone had any experience with this company and any advice on how I can get them to refund me for the defective wheels that I returned to them? By the way, if you are thinking of using them to purchase anything for you car - better think twice! These guys are shaping up to be crooks!"
Old 11-25-2001, 09:46 AM
Dakota Slim
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks to all who responded. The info was helpful. I contacted the credit card company and they will put a hold on the account and credit me for the money. If Orange Coast ships the item then I will be billed. Either way I will get the part or my money back.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:07 PM
Allan71
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard similar stories before, and glad your credit card company is cooperating. As far as I know, it is illegal for a merchant to charge your card before an item is actually shipped. Don't really know who you could file a complaint with, but for sure your credit card company could provide that info. Sounds like the merchant was operating in a cash flow deficit situation, but you should not have to finance their past due bills.

Get notified of new replies

To Orange Coast Corvettes Question

Quick Reply: Orange Coast Corvettes Question