Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79-82 Seat Frames & Tracks Modded For Midyear

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:26 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default 79-82 Seat Frames & Tracks Modded For Midyear

Hi,

This is posted in the C2 section Parts for Sale and thought there might be an interest in this section as well. Although these tracks have been modified by the addition of a set of metal bars so as to fit the rear loops in the floor of a midyear, these added bars of steel can easily by unwelded from the tracks. The ad for these follows with pics:

Well, taking another stab at it here as we get into the Christmas season. Do need to spend the money on a rear end redo.

First item is a '66 small block hood that has been on my '5 for the last 20 years. It was painted along with my '5 back in '99 with base coat/clear coat using the Sikkens (sp?) process in the '65 factory color Milano Maroon. This hood is in very good shape and has been off the '5 for the last 3 years. Price: $500.00

It's a '66 hood because the backside of it has the holes to enable you to fasten the '66 insignia. You just need to drill the holes through on the finished side.

The holes for the hood support are on the pass or right side.

Because of its size, this will have to be a pickup only...or, depending on where you are, something could be worked out...possibly meeting you half way. Just too expensive to package, ship and insure.

Second item is a set of '79-'82 seat frames with tracks. These tracks have been modified to fit in a midyear. I originally had these changed to work in my '5 and pics following reflect that. I've decided to go in a different direction on my seats (thinking of getting the factory head rest conversion and redoing my factory '65 seats in leather). For those of you with a C3, the seat track modification can easily be unwelded from the bottom of the tracks. Along with these shells, I will include the original seat backs and bottoms which do need to be rebunned and recovered. Price $400.00 + shipping/insurance.

Pics will follow.

Here they are:

Here's are snaps of the cushions which need to be reupholstered

Here are a couple of pics of these seat shells with the modified tracks mounted in my '5:

Here's a shot of these seats from the rear. Think they are just high enough to benefit head support.

If interested, please e-mail me at: jkaram@wideopenwest.com

Thanks and Good Luck!!

Regards,

Jim
Old 11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default New Prices!!

No interest?? Well, I need to move these.

NEW PRICES:

HOOD: $400.00

SEAT SHELLS, TRACKS & ORIGINAL UPHOLSTERED BUNS: $300.00

PM or e-mail me.

Thanks!

Jim
Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 AM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In III Veteran