Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Late C3 manual seats $200

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:22 PM
donnd
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerracing
Closing at the same time, I had a handbag my wife was going to throw out sell for $21.00. Opening bid was 3.99. Go figure.
What does that have to do with corvettes .I'm NOT attempting to target you personally .There seems to be alot of over priced offerings on this forum that end up on e-bay frequently selling for much less or not at all.It's good to hear you sold a purse for $21.00 and I hope you get good feedback too.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:08 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My point is that this sale does not set the market price for seat shells the world over. Only what the one (and only) person would pay this weekend. Two months from now if 3 guys need a set, who knows? To me, the handbag went overpriced and the seats went too cheap, but a deals a deal. You've felt these were too much from the begining and today, you were right.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
shabazz18
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ValvolineGreaser
A free bump...but another comment on ebay. Trying to figure out what the auction market will bring is too confusing. For example, why is it that velour seats will bring in $255 (ebay #270207171301), but these better looking vinyl ones (ebay#230217559146) don't even meet reserve? Was it the shipping costs or just the color? And if it was the color, you still have to ask yourself, who in the hell wants to sit on velour, especially during the summer?

Simple explanation: ebay is weird.
You would rather sit on vinyl during the summer than cloth? I'd take the velour over vinyl any day. Not hot in the summer, and not freezing in the winter. Plus I'm not a fan if getting out with my back covered in sweat.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 AM
donnd
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerracing
My point is that this sale does not set the market price for seat shells the world over. Only what the one (and only) person would pay this weekend. Two months from now if 3 guys need a set, who knows? To me, the handbag went overpriced and the seats went too cheap, but a deals a deal. You've felt these were too much from the begining and today, you were right.
You have missed my point totally.

Quick Reply: Late C3 manual seats $200