Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Gauge Replacement C3

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
RDOldcars
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Pressure Gauge Replacement C3

Need a little help before I start removing stuff to get to the oil pressure guage on my 70 C3. Started my Vette today and while in the driveway the oil pressure guage dropped to 0, turned off the motor and put a new guage on the pipe where the old guage was, started car, oil pressure 45PSI, placed a T in the oil feed pipe, connected both guages, the new one reads 45 PSI the original still reads 0. I ran a small thin wire in the plastic tube going to the original guage in the dash, this did not help, still reads 0. I guess I need to replace the original guage with a new one from one of the Corvette houses? Is there an easy way to get to and remove the guage? Does the center counsil have to be removed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I could mount the new guage under the dash but this is a Corvette and I would never do that, I want to fix it correctly.
Thanks
Bob in Boca
Old 02-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

google "corvette instruments" they are a guage specialty shop right down the street from ya
Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 PM
r44s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Center gauge console must be removed to replace the stock oil pressure gauge. May only need new oil pressure tubing rather than gauge, but still need to remove the center console.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
dmayhew
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just replaced all gauges in my 71. Had to remove a 2nd, time to correct a bad wire on the fuel gauge.

My advice is this. The hardest part is getting to the 2 nuts that protrude down from the center console thru holes in the shifter console. They require a 3/8 wrench , a long one helps. You get to those by removing the radio access panels on the sides of the center console. You just have to keep turning a little at a time.

Since you have to seperate the gauge housing to get a gauge installed, I recomend removing it completly from the car to a work bench.

If lens is bad , now is the time to replace as well as the light bulbs

David
Old 03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Don B
Intermediate

Default Oil gague

I have NOS gague for 50.00
Old 03-03-2008, 03:19 PM
A72COUPEDT
Racer