Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wtb Headlight housing support frame RH

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Dave J
Burning Brakes

Received 137 Likes on 107 Posts

Default Wtb Headlight housing support frame RH

Put my '70 up on the 4 post for a long winters nap, and to start the process of evaluating my newest acquisition. Well, I found the reason for all the vibration in the passenger sides headlight assembly, the frame is in 2 pieces. I would like to find an original support frame to replace this with. I believe '68-'74 would fit, and I just need the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated, What do we have out there?.........Dave
Old 11-10-2008, 07:22 PM
hobbycarcorvettes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave J
Put my '70 up on the 4 post for a long winters nap, and to start the process of evaluating my newest acquisition. Well, I found the reason for all the vibration in the passenger sides headlight assembly, the frame is in 2 pieces. I would like to find an original support frame to replace this with. I believe '68-'74 would fit, and I just need the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated, What do we have out there?.........Dave
Hi,

Vette Visons in Loysburg Pa. makes all the headlight assemblies for most of the corvette suppliers. Iam sure he will have some laying around out there. Here is his phone number (814) 766-3623. He usually wont call people back so call in the afternoons and evenings seems to work best LOL

Thanks,
RJ Sottile
Old 11-10-2008, 09:21 PM
dennis
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave J
Dave.....

The bronze one????

Keep in mind that the original piece on the 68- 72 is different then the generic piece to fit 68-74. The GM piece being sold by most venders is of the later,(73-74), variety. The part number is correct for 68-72 but it is the later type.

To fit 68-72 you need to use a spacer block in front to make up for the difference between the chrome and rubber bumpers. The blocks usually come with the piece. I would definately ask first. . I'll try to post pics of the two.

Last edited by dennis; 11-10-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Dave J
Burning Brakes

Received 137 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis
Dave.....

The bronze one????

Hey Dennis-

Yes, the Bronze one.........

I've been slowly going thru the the obvious stuff. The master cylinder was for a power brake car, and this is a manual car, so got that replaced. The front wheels were 15x8, and the rears were 15x7's, so got that fixed. Found a 1050 dated 7040207 carb for it, and the list goes on. Car is up on my lift over my '70 L46 coupe (vac tube) so i can do some serious work this winter. Lots of detailing to be done. Drop gas tank, check rear, etc.............

First thing to be done is to go thru headlights, and below is what I found so far. Most everything else there seems ok, just needs the frame replaced and major detail work.

I've done a little research so far, and I thought any 68-74 would work. I appreciate your input on this. Would like to get this buttoned up in the next month or 2.

Thanks much...............Dave
Old 11-11-2008, 07:12 AM
dennis
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

Looking good. Any of the newer style,(73-74),WILL fit provided you use the square block that fits between the front mount holes and the steel nose support.

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb Headlight housing support frame RH

Quick Reply: Wtb Headlight housing support frame RH