Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attn KEISLER - A Question??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Clams Canino
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Attn KEISLER - A Question??

Originally Posted by Keisler Automotive
Years ago, we had a 6-speed PerfectFit kit for C3 - no cutting, perfect shifter position, etc. It was based on a Viper T56, which we could purchase new from Tremec at the time. Tremec can't sell those now, so we are doing Viper T56 only as a reman now, inhouse, with a 12 month warranty under the special.... ....the cost is $4395
I know it's been a while since you posted this in late '08, and I know your Ebay ad says "All New for 2009" so is this all new and strange - but has something changed? I see you're selling kits featuring NEW Tremac T-56's for everything under the sun on Ebay now for only $3299 per kit. This means once Ebay gets it 10% in Ebay fees and Paypal fees, you really could sell them for $2999 when Ebay is cut out of the loop. (see your current item # 150332968482 for an example)

So can we expect a C3 kit to re-appear soon? If so how will the price offered here compare to your Ebay prices? Will the C3 kit still be $1000 more than all the other kits? I'm not saying that to be difficult. It's just that Vette owners are a bit jaded that even some basic GM parts cost us 25% more - as soon as the word "Corvette" comes into play.
-W

Last edited by Clams Canino; 07-26-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:49 PM
r3rep
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default T56 Magnum kit

Keisler, put a kit together, I want to buy one now!!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 AM
0GENE-KEISLER SALES
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clams Canino
I know it's been a while since you posted this in late '08, and I know your Ebay ad says "All New for 2009" so is this all new and strange - but has something changed? I see you're selling kits featuring NEW Tremac T-56's for everything under the sun on Ebay now for only $3299 per kit. This means once Ebay gets it 10% in Ebay fees and Paypal fees, you really could sell them for $2999 when Ebay is cut out of the loop. (see your current item # 150332968482 for an example)

So can we expect a C3 kit to re-appear soon? If so how will the price offered here compare to your Ebay prices? Will the C3 kit still be $1000 more than all the other kits? I'm not saying that to be difficult. It's just that Vette owners are a bit jaded that even some basic GM parts cost us 25% more - as soon as the word "Corvette" comes into play.
-W
Originally Posted by r3rep
Keisler, put a kit together, I want to buy one now!!

We haven't installed the new magnum into a C3 yet. I am not sure of the fitment. We are working on a 2nd gen Camaro now I am not sure what will come after this.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Clams Canino
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK... please keep up posted. The TKO kits are great, and that new small block unit you're testing looks cool - but both are a step "backward" for anyone that wants fully update a C3 with modern 6 speed / hi torque capability. I would think your old Viper T-56 kit would be a good "jumping off" point to try out the new magnum. Please keep us updated.

I'd rather put the el-cheapo overdrive kit in my Muncie and wait - than to buy a new transmission *twice*.
-W

Get notified of new replies

To Attn KEISLER - A Question??

Quick Reply: Attn KEISLER - A Question??