Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

041 heads, Comp Cams XE268, Roller Tip Rockers, Lifters, Timing Chain

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 03:25 PM
SLVRSHRK
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 106 Posts

Default 041 heads, Comp Cams XE268, Roller Tip Rockers, Lifters, Timing Chain

SOLD!

I have the following for sale. Each of these parts are from the motor I just refreshed the top end on. They were installed in 2008 and have only about 3600 miles of wear on them.

041 Casting Heads:
Heads have 2.05/1.60 Intake/Exhaust valves, 62cc chambers, they are Ferrea 5000 neck down stainless valves. The heads have had some porting done to them by previous owner and also have enlarged spring bases. Additional accessory bracket holes were drilled and tapped so they will accept the later C3 alternator bracket without an issue. Casting dates are: F 7 8 and F 11 8. These castings were used on SS Camaros as well as 300 HP base vette engines. The springs are a matched set with the cam below and are from comp cams. They have been coated with a lubricative coating that helps oil stick to the spring to keep it cooler. The coating was done by HPC (High Performance Coatings, owner of Jet Hot). All work on these heads was done by Boyettes Racing shop in Raleigh, NC. Capitalize on my foolishness friends, I have over $1300 of work into these

Cam and lifters
Comp Cams XE 268; This cam was also coated by HPC prior to installation. The wear you see in the picture is the black coating being worn off. Lifters were removed and bagged individually and labeled to ensure they can be mated back to their original lobe.

Timing Chain
Comp Cams double roller chain with straight up advance adapter in the adjustment hole.

Rocker Arms
These are Comp Cams roller tip rocker arms, for 3/8" studs. They are the standard 1.52:1 ratio.

Edelbrock Performer Intake
This is the second generation design without EGR, but has provision for the choke heater tube for a quadrajet. Has both square and spread bore mounting holes. The manifold was sandblasted and painted silver. It is in good shape with only slight discoloration at some parts.

Pics of the components can be found here:

https://slvrshrk.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Intake Manifold Here:
https://slvrshrk.shutterfly.com/pictures/29

I'm looking to sell individual pieces or make me an offer on the whole lot! I gotta get this stuff out of my garage.

I'm asking:

Heads - $300 + shipping
Cam, Lifters and Timing Chain - $75 + shipping
Roller Rockers - $75 + shipping
Intake Manifold - $25 + shipping

Offer me $425 + shipping for the whole lot and I will throw in a set of ARP head bolts that have only been used once.

PM me if interested.

Last edited by SLVRSHRK; 10-20-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:28 AM
mike11
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

When you used this whole setup, what kind of HP/ TQ were you getting out of it? Thinking of a possibe upgrade for my stock 79 L82. What made you swap these out/ what are you going with now?

These look to be in excellent shape. Also curious, what oil did you use with these?
Old 10-19-2013, 06:42 PM
thetasig28
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent
Old 10-19-2013, 06:58 PM
eflow73
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 10-20-2013, 01:15 PM
SLVRSHRK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mike11
When you used this whole setup, what kind of HP/ TQ were you getting out of it? Thinking of a possibe upgrade for my stock 79 L82. What made you swap these out/ what are you going with now?

These look to be in excellent shape. Also curious, what oil did you use with these?
I never had the motor on a dyno, and even if I did, the numbers would have been low since I was using Rams horns and not headers. The car still felt like it had quite a bit of pep.

I started with my 78 L-82 as a base as well. I was doing a complete teardown (at the time), so I replaced the pistons and put in a set of forged probes which were much lighter and also allowed me to get the compression right at 9.5:1, which is what Comp recommends for the cam. With them being iron and this being my first build, I didn't want to push it. I think the Probes had a -13CC dish as compared to the -6CC you get on the stock TRW forged L-82 flat-tops due to the valve indentations. Many folks however do run these kinds of heads with the standard flat-top pistons without issue. Static compression is about 10:1 in this config, but you should definitely check your exact motor measurements. These particular heads have had the combustion chambers measured at 62cc by the shop.

This time around, I am keeping my bottom end intact and swapping to a billet core Comp Magnum 280 retro roller, AFR 195 eliminator heads with heavier springs and lightweight retainers, Performer RPM quadrajet manifold, 1 7/8 long tube headers and a full mandrel bent 2.5" system. I started out just trying to put in my TKO600 tranny, and somehow I (once again) caught 'While I'm at it' disease.

Got it pretty bad this time though, yesterday the body came off the chassis I figure I'm gonna finish this car this time though.

Regarding the oils, the engine was broken in using Shell Rotella with engine break-in additive. After that, it was using AMSOIL 10-40 synthetic (higher lubrication properties for flat tappet cams).

Cheers.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:29 PM
SLVRSHRK
Burning Brakes

Sold!

Get notified of new replies

To 041 heads, Comp Cams XE268, Roller Tip Rockers, Lifters, Timing Chain

Quick Reply: 041 heads, Comp Cams XE268, Roller Tip Rockers, Lifters, Timing Chain